Field Application Scientist - Netherlands
Blue Bee (company)
Field Application Scientist
This is a central role in the organization providing domain expertise to the various departments within the company. You will be involved in pre- and post- sales, to win and on-board new customers by providing domain specialist expertise and customer service on the Bluebee solution. Within this context, you will work in close collaboration with the sales department and customer operations to assemble, (re)configure, optimize, and implement NGS pipelines provided, or requested, by Bluebee customers. In addition, you will proactively communicate customers’ needs and requirements with product management. Connecting the dots between the technical and the scientific requirements of projects is elemental to the success of this position. You will be reporting to the COO.
The position will be based in the US.
The ideal candidate must have the following traits and skills:
- M.S .Bioinformatics or related field or applicable experience.
- Hands-on experience with bioinformatics tools/algorithms (such as alignment – BWA, variant calling – GATK, Freebayes…).
- A profound knowledge on secondary analysis will be used to set up and run pipelines (e.g. DNA and RNA-Seq), making use of various programming languages (e.g. Python, Perl, R, Java, Unix/Linux scripting).
- Good knowledge of the NGS market.
- Keen to face customers and are able to successfully handle projects.
- An entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, you thrive in a fast paced and customer driven environment, with a clear focus on meeting customer expectations and delivering results.
- Astute, confident, and comfortable in asking the right questions, and an ability to work in a consultative way with customers and to contribute to Bluebee’s overall success.
- Keen to work in a multi-disciplinary environment where engineering, development and science come together.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Experience in continuous integration systems and methodologies and other relevant industry experience is considered a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- The position demands excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Working for Bluebee
We think A+ employees deserve an A+ treatment and it takes a great employer to hire successful employees. Therefore, Bluebee offers an attractive compensation package and the opportunity to work in an intellectually challenging and open entrepreneurial corporate culture, with a focus on quality and professionalism. We prefer ownership over hierarchy, and we facilitate learning and venturing. We deliver top-notch technology and aim for the top-notch solutions.
We like to work with bright, talented people in a challenging, diverse, and rapidly evolving domain.
At Bluebee we foster the combination of innovation and focus, we combine accountability with responsibility and encourage initiative, teamwork and respectful, candid and open communication.
Working for Bluebee is an experience more than it is a job. As we grow the organization we want you to grow with us; we will create opportunities for self-development and encourage ambition. Working for Bluebee is a great way for you to become part of a company where you will make a difference. Not just for Bluebee, but particularly for Bluebee’s customers, partners and the ultimate beneficiary of what we develop: society.
Your savvy, creativity and intelligence is what we need to build a successful company.
Bluebee, is a private venture capital-backed company, headquartered in Rijswijk, The Netherlands, establishing itself as a leading provider of high-performance genomic cloud-based solutions.
Bluebee offers a cloud-based genomics analysis platform that enables fast and affordable data processing. Bluebee enables research and clinical labs to substantially reduce cost, complexity and throughput time of their data analysis and help sequencing service providers and diagnostic test providers to effectively expand their offering and market reach.
The highly secured Bluebee platform offers scalable yet localized data processing and storage while providing full control of configuration, sharing and collaboration.
The combination of domain experts in the development and deployment of large-scale mission-critical infrastructure, seasoned bioinformaticians and renowned academic researchers in high-performance computing, led to the use of combined game changing technologies – high-performance computing, cloud computing and NGS –to deliver a unique genome analytics service.
Today the company employs 30 staff and is led by an experienced team coming from both industry and leading universities.
Bluebee’s headquarters are in Rijswijk, The Netherlands, with sales and operations in Mechelen Belgium, and an office based in Cambridge, US.