Field Application Scientist, Research Informatics - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize PerkinElmer’s commercial success. This role will specialize in the use of our portfolio in chemical and material science applications. Specific emphasis will focus on chemical representation and data analysis within medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, biomolecular chemistry and material science domains. Our ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the Business Intelligence/Analytics market. We are looking for a team player, with customer relationship building skills, who is hard working, smart, and loves to win.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The Informatics Solutions group services the Life Science, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Chemical, Agriculture, and Government markets. Solutions include Analytics, Data Connectivity and Unification, Electronic Lab Notebooks, and Data Visualization. The sales team works closely with an integrated Field Applications Support team who helps to optimize the research scope and vision for our customers.
- Execute custom/highly configured software demonstrations in support of pre-sales activity including workshops and RFI/RFP support for product area
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of organic, medicinal or biomolecular chemistry or material science to support customers in understanding how to maximize their use of our software applications
- Collaborate with all Field Team members to develop and deploy world-class systems and tools and provide front-line support to sales as the product specialist
- Provide Deliver product training to field (marketing & sales) as new features/functionality is available for designated product and domain specialty
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements and also with the Services team to insure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
- Characterize the external market by performing pipeline analysis and competitive assessments for region and scientific domain
- Coordinate with Marketing Communications organization to develop and participate in marketing campaign design and execution as needed
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- MS, PhD and/or MBA in a scientific discipline or equivalent are preferred.
- Experience with informatics solutions like ELN, LIMS, compound registration, Inventory, data visualization, and related technologies are highly desired.
- Current or previous experience in the use of informatics software gained in industry (life sciences, chemical, or related industries) a plus
- Willingness for 25-50% overnight travel.