- Specifically, this individual will be involved in assessing the impact of modifications of the polymer, in spinning fiber using internal and external resources, and in working at the customers’ facilities to develop process and product capabilities.
- Additionally, efforts could include the incorporation of additives into fibers to enhance customers’ carpet, apparel or automotive offerings.
- The successful incumbent will come to the position having knowledge and experience in polymer processing and in melt fiber spinning and it is expected that they will advance their knowledge further by learning from experienced technical personnel how to successfully spin our brand from polymer pellets. In this way, we can assist our customers to be able to create products using Sorona PTT within their systems and equipment.
- The individual in this position will be a guardian for spinning of Sorona fiber (predominantly carpet, but also apparel) in the Asia Pacific region and will also work with operations downstream of spinning in carpet and apparel end uses.
- The individual should have experience in direct customer interactions and the ability to work with customers to resolve issues or establish new capability related to Sorona polymer. Regular travel to various customer and partner sites is expected.
- A Ph.D. degree or the educational equivalent in a scientific or engineering field.
- At least 5 years of Industrial experience. (preferred)
- Knowledge of polymer materials and polymer processing.
- Fiber spinning expertise
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills in English as well as local language
- Experienced with effectively interfacing with customers in both a one-on-one setting as well as presentations to larger groups.
- Ability to be effective in a growing, dynamic, and changing business environment.
Additional Skills Sought:
- Knowledge of fiber spinning of various polymers especially PET and nylon.
- Knowledge of processing of melt polymer materials and combinations
- Understanding of how apparel fabrics and carpets are made.
- Overall understanding of the processing into finished fabrics and carpets (ie dyeing and finishing, etc.) is desirable