Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Novecare develops leading edge technologies that affect the behavior of fluids to give them cleansing, softening, moisturizing, hydrating, gelling, texturizing, penetrating or dispersing properties. Its products are found in shampoos, detergents, paints, lubricants, plant protection, mining and oil extraction.
Direct Manufacturing Operations through a team of functional managers and supervisors. Ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines. Ultimately responsible for all Manufacturing, Technical, and Supply Chain employees over multiple shifts
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain an effective organization through recruitment, selection, training, compensation, and motivation of employees.
- Direct Supervision in the management of their assigned areas to ensure that their responsibilities to attain objectives and satisfactory operations and performance are met in a way that is consistent with established objectives.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of resources to enforce and comply with Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards as set forth under various regulatory agencies and Solvay USA Inc.
- Additionally, he/she will continually improve process, cost position, while ensuring compliance.
- Responsible to deliver EBITDA and cash objectives.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Plan the use of facilities, equipment, and personnel to meet current and future production requirements..
- Initiate various programs that lead to improved quality, decreased pollutants, waste reduction, overall efficiency and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Directs those activities that provide assurance that safety, health, and environmental rules.
- Direct department managers in the preparation and implementation of plant operating plans and strategies consistent with business requirements.
- Determine headcount needs and facilities policies, direct and supervise the application of such policies in the plant’s manufacturing and packaging operations.
- Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Provides expertise to the line organization in the development of standards of performance in all areas of product manufacturing responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by TTB, DEA, FDA, OSHA, EEOC, EPA, and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or Materials Science or other related Field. An MBA is Preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience leading large scale organization required.
- At least 10 years chemical manufacturing experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to lead, communicate, develop and direct employees is required.
- Understanding of chemical manufacturing facility, in particular batch process design and analysis
- Project management with the Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time with desired result/outcome within budget.
- Experience in consolidating data, analyzing, and reporting results in a succinct style and with impact
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of personnel within and outside the company. Proficient skills in decision making / problem solving / analyzing to meet customer needs and maintain daily operations.