- You are responsible for the daily working and coordination of the MSsmall infrastructure/expertise center.
- In a first phase, you elaborate – in consultation and agreement with the steering committee – a road map that enables the start-up and implementation of the center;
- You provide technical-logistic support of the center, including guidance during the purchase of new equipment, the follow-up of new trends and developments on mass spectrometry equipment, the (cost)-efficient management of maintenance and repair,…
- You are the central spokesman for questions of researchers within and outside our University regarding expertise and use of equipment for mass spectrometry analysis of small organic molecules;
- You make contacts within and outside our University to facilitate research that uses mass spectrometry, to initiate or strengthen collaborations, and to promote the center and its expertise. You actively scout funding possibilities.
Profile of the candidate
- You have a profound knowledge and proven expertise regarding chemical-technical aspects of mass spectrometry of small organic molecules;
- You have already conducted excellent scientific research in the given discipline, which is clearly reflected in high-quality publications in national and international peer-reviewed journals or books;
- You have strong social and communicative skills that allow you to set up good internal and external contacts with different research partners and stakeholders;
- You are proficient in English, both in oral and written communication;
- You are highly motivated and possess good organizational and time management qualities;
- You are a team player that likes to collaborate and coordinate; you are a problem-solver and result-oriented;
- You have a strong sense for initiative and you are quality-oriented;
- You are willing for continuous training;
- You have a clear vision on how you can contribute to interdisciplinary collaboration and projects making use of your knowledge and network.