This job is currently Archived,
Facility Maintenance Technician (Power Engineer) - Canada
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- Our company is a world leader in developing products and services that enhance animal health, wellness and performance.
- Our products contribute to the production of an affordable and abundant supply of food.
- Our half-century of innovative products, services and global partnerships help to fulfill our vision of food and companionship enriching life.
- Working with team members from all departments to ensure all building and process system equipment in the Charlottetown facilities are maintained in compliance and good working order to minimize down time..
- Responsible for all steam, purified water and pressure systems within the Technical Operations site.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain various facility components which may include, but is not limited to, plant steam boiler and distribution system, clean steam generator and distribution system, air compressors and distribution system, HVAC, and refrigeration systems as well as other process and facility equipment such as autoclaves and fermenters.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the provincial inspectors to ensure equipment and regulatory compliance at all times.
- Maintain, disassemble, assemble, monitor and repair various production/quality equipment; with potential support to the R&D Victoria PEI facility.
- Oversee and assist in the coordination of on-site contractors to perform outsourced maintenance activities as well as capital project work.
- Must demonstrate a strong safety ethic through knowledge of safety systems and demonstration in the field via LOTO, working at height, confined space, hot work, etc.Learn, adhere, develop and revise the relevant the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), safety and other departmental site rules and regulations.
- Must manage GMP documentation such as change controls, corrective actions, deviations and/or quality events, etc.
- Perform and document corrective, preventative, and predictive maintenance on key support equipment.
- Understand equipment function impact on product quality.
- Understand and troubleshoot control systems for critical equipment.Work with internal customers to supply day-to-day needs, and expand on customer needs for longer term projects.Support and keep up-to-date the maintenance database for all equipment /systems, and complete maintenance work orders on a daily basis within the facility or other facilities as needed.
- Work in conjunction with Facilities Manager and Facilities team to control cost of operations through ideas, innovation, and training
- Manage PO and expense reporting in a timely manner
Education and Experience
Education: Post-Secondary Trade completion of a 4th Class Power Engineers License is a requirement.
- Min. 4 years’ experience within maintenance environment.
- Experience in a GMP production environment preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities and multitasking in different trade disciplines.
- Strong safety background Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Professional Certification/License: the
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain equipment operational efficiencies and utilization within manufacturers’ effective operation specifications.
- Perform tasks and operations within established standards.
- Support overall Site objectives on Safety, Quality, Customer Service and Cost.
- Appropriate response time for high priority calls.Accuracy of all required departmental documentation
- Must ensure zero maintenance and quality overdue activities
- Ability to follow specific procedures
- Flex hours possible,Requirement to be on-call, may require after hours work and week-end work.
- Ability to lift (up to a maximum of 50 lbs.), climb, squat, and work in confined spaces
- Maintain provincial regulatory & equipment compliance at all times.
- Observes and follows company policies and procedures
- Our company will conduct, at its own expense, background search (including verification of educational credentials, contacting three of your personal references) of the successful candidate.
- Our company is committed to employment equity.
- We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.