Facility engineer - China
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is one of the biggest R&D centers set up by multinational pharmaceuticals companies in China.
- It is an integrated part of company’s R&D organization, focusing on the innovative research to develop novel drugs for the treatment of diabetes, obesity, hemophilia, growth disorder and inflammatory diseases
- Currently, the R&D center has more than 200 employees and has a >13,000 m2 state-of-art facility, including biotech laboratories, rodent and dog facilities
- It is critically important to maintain the environmental, health and safety in NNRCC in accordance with company global policies and local policies.
About the department
- Facility & Security department is responsible for the NNRCC’s facility operation, providing stable utility supply to its research activities.
- Various facility systems include AHU, electricity, water purification, drainage, waste water processing, special gas, etc.
- The department also provides physical security to NNRCC, in terms of security guard, CCTV & fire safety monitoring systems, etc.
Key areas of responsibility:
To support the Operation Director, coordinate the facility team and cover the responsibilities for the following:
- Maintain stable and reliable facility operation
- Manage the utility cost, and drive for energy saving initiatives
- Keep up effective system/equipment maintenance
- Coordinate and facilitate with out-sourcing teams efficiently
- Compliance with local and NN polices for the above areas
Main job tasks:
Facility and equipment management
- Responsible for provide NNRCC office & laboratory with reliable and stable HVAC, BMS, electrical, purified water supply, waste water processing, and special gas supply systems, etc.
- Responsible for the operation of animal facility
- Day-to-day manage two out-sourcing teams, focusing on facility operation & maintenance
- Drive energy saving initiatives
- Serves as primary contact person to NN staff related to facility management
- Serve as main liaison with NN external stakeholders
- Maintain the compliance and operation license for NN research operation
Managerial and other duties
- Assist manager for facility outsourcing team work performance management
- Provide inputs to further simplify process and increase working efficiency
- Assisting manager in other departmental administration duties when needed
- Performing other duties in supporting research and other activities as assigned
- Bookkeeping of NNRCC facility related important documents, such as contracts, in accordance with company policy
- Ensure the compliance of the Facility team with all local and NN polices
Other individual assignments (Examples):
• Support EHS inspection & improvement within Facility area
Qualifications (minimum requirements):
- Bachelor in mechanical, electric, or other MEP engineering field.
- 5 plus years of experience in the functions of Facility operation and maintenance, preferred with pharma R&D background
- Able to handle emergency situations in Facility operation & management
- Able to lead the team completing routine tasks and in compliance with local and NN policies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent positive attitude and strong sense of service mind set and team spirit
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
Working with Us:
- Your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better.
- In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.