- The Facilities Manager will be responsible for managing overall facility operations and change management processes.
- Oversee current operations and strategic planning for facilities.
- Ensure the facilities team is equipped to support daily activities of the organization inclusive of adequate staffing, space planning, health & safety provisions, and security measures while collaborating with cross functional departments.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Physical operational delivery including:
- Oversee space planning process for current & future headcount while maintaining sufficient availability to accommodate growth of the company.
- Health & Safety management; Ensuring facilities and emergency response plans are up to date, crisis management planning, risk management, routine training, while maintaining compliance with building management team.
- Security – Control access levels to the building, provide inspection reports, ensure regular auditing, and liaise with external vendors quarterly.
- Maintenance- Understand HVAC operations, electrical and fire safety systems.
- Oversee routine facility maintenance, keep reports and logs on file, and conduct weekly workplace inspections.
- Monitor performance of cleaning vendors and ensure quality and delivery of service.
- Manage and control budget planning processes and reconcile operational spend against set budget allocations.
- Negotiate adequate terms and pricing via RFPs with existing and new vendors and measure ROI and performance.
- Handle contract processing from draft to execution.
- Process invoice payments and account against agreed sums and terms.
Coordination and management of ad-hoc and minor improvement projects through negotiating, supervision, access control and communication with external vendors. Manage employee awareness communication.
- Manage new employee facility onboarding, ensure policies are reviewed, and provide security and access credentials as well as seating assignments.
- Conduct detailed facility tours which include presentation of emergency plans for the site.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Working knowledge of facility/office management and construction project management.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Office for Windows.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.