This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 15 April 2017
- Our company is a world leader in developing products and services that enhance animal health, wellness and performance.
- Our products contribute to the production of an affordable and abundant supply of food.
- Our half-century of innovative products, services and global partnerships help to fulfill our vision of food and companionship enriching life.
- Working with team members to ensure all building and process system equipment facilities are maintained in compliance and good working order to minimize down time.
- Responsibility for the repair and maintenance of all process & utilities equipment within a GMP facility.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain various facility components which may include, but is not limited to, plant steam boiler and distribution system, clean steam generator and distribution system, air compressors and distribution system, HVAC, and refrigeration systems as well as other process and facility equipment such as autoclaves and fermenters.
- Maintain, disassemble, assemble, monitor and repair various production/quality equipment; with potential support to the R&D Victoria PEI facility.
- Employ and promote safe work practices in compliance with OSHA and company policy.
- Identify hazards and protect yourself, other employees, and the facility from hazards when installing, maintaining, or repairing systems.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines instituted by the maintenance department.
- Oversee and assist in the coordination of on-site contractors to perform outsourced maintenance activities as well as capital project work.
- Must demonstrate a strong safety ethic through knowledge of safety systems and demonstration in the field via LOTO, working at height, confined space, hot work, etc.
- Learn, adhere, develop and revise the relevant the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP s), safety and other departmental site rules and regulations.
- Must manage GMP documentation such as change controls, corrective actions, deviations and/or quality events, etc.
- Perform and document corrective, preventative, and predictive maintenance on key support equipment.
- Understand equipment function impact on product quality.
- Understand and troubleshoot control systems for critical equipment.
- Work with internal customers to supply day-to-day needs, and expand on customer needs for longer term projects.
- Support and keep up-to-date the maintenance database for all equipment /systems, and complete maintenance work orders on a daily basis within the facility or other facilities as needed.
- Work in conjunction with Facilities Manager and Facilities team to control cost of operations through ideas, innovation, and training
- Manage PO and expense reporting in a timely manner
Education and Experience
- High School education;
- Process Equipment Specialist/ Industrial Millwright
- 5 years of practical experience within a GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing environment or related regulated industry.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities and multitasking in different trade disciplines.
- Strong safety background.
- Must be able to function well as part of a team or work independently Must have a valid drivers license.
- This position will be required to be on-call, may require shift work, after hours work and week-end work.
- Ability to lift (up to a maximum of 50 lbs.), climb, squat, and work in confined spaces
Prince Edward Island Canada
Find a Job Find Candidates