Facilities Maintenance Technician - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Contribute to the mechanical maintenance team by performing building maintenance, preventive maintenance, repairs, and projects to control/maintain the environment and working conditions for employees and to control/maintain laboratory conditions required for company research activities.
- Assure jobs are completed in a timely manner. Interface as needed with contractors to coordinate projects and vendors/suppliers regarding needed materials and supplies.
- Preventive maintenance, general troubleshooting, and repair responsibilities include: automated building management system, telephone, refrigeration, heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and locksmithing.
- Prioritize and organize work schedule by utilizing PM system reports and work orders. Maintain accuracy, neatness, and code requirements. Work with shop purchasing coordinator to order necessary materials and supplies. Maintain all work on the PM/Work order system which is updated daily for review by supervisor.
- Participate as part of building maintenance team by attending meetings, working as a team member with co-workers on problem solving and utilizing their assistance. Coordinate with supervisor when decision-making questions are needed for job completion.
- High School Diploma or GED and 2-3 years of trade experience, OR a technical diploma/degree in a related field of study
- Skills in troubleshooting A/C and refrigeration systems, HVAC systems, and building electric systems
- Knowledge of 110 volt, 220 volt systems, single phase and 3-phase electricity
- Proficient with computers
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams
- Good communication skills
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Willing and able to lift up to 50lbs with or without reasonable accommodations
- Willing and able to work on-call when required
- Technical school
- Stationary Engineer License (1st or 2nd), Journeyman Plumber License, and Fireman License
- 3-5 years of trade experience
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems, electrical controls
- HVAC preventive maintenance background
- Knowledge of BAS systems and CMMS systems