Facilities Assistant - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
To help ensure the facility operates in an efficient and productive manner.
- Handles shipping of various items including but not limited to equipment, parts, supplies, and tools to suppliers, customers, and collaborators.
- Manages receiving of various items including but not limited to equipment, parts, supplies, and tools from suppliers, customers, and collaborators.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes mail.
- Assists with tracking missing or lost packages.
- Orders supplies and parts outside of production for research projects as needed.
- Track and follow-up on orders to make sure deliveries are met and projects are kept on time.
- Responsible for greeting and responding to any visitor that may need assistance during their stay at the site.
- Answer and direct all calls as appropriate/needed in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain, order, and restock adequate levels of kitchen supplies.
- Maintain, order, and restock adequate levels of office supplies.
- Organize logistical needs for training events for employees as well as when visitors are on site.
- Set up and break down of Auditorium meeting set up as needed.
- May require coming in early or staying late.
- Ensure conference rooms are kept in an organized manner at the end of each day.
- Maintains and distributes the building keys and addresses security needs.
- Communicates with landlord for necessary building repairs, modifications, parking, and signage while working with R&D site leader on obtaining approvals for site costs to be incurred.
- Manages and oversees third party cleaning service to ensure the site is clean and kept in an orderly manner.
- Manages and oversees copy machines and printers for general maintenance purposes as well as any issues that may arise.
- Office/Laboratory environment.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Able to adapt to a constantly changing schedule.
- Able to work independently with plenty of initiative as well as being a team player.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Manage and respond to other facility needs on an as needed basis.
- High School graduate with good communications skills (written and oral).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A working knowledge of Audio/Visual and computer equipment is desired.