External Engagement Lead (m/w) - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease.
- Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
- To strengthen our Operations team in Central Europe, based in our affiliate in Germany, we are looking to fill the position of: External Engagement Lead.
- Are you a conclusive person that knows how to influence others?
- This makes you a ‘concluencer’ at our company .
- This innovative blend of talent means you can practice decisive sway over others to make change happen for patients.
As a 'concluencer' and External Engagement Lead you like to work in an environment where you can:
- Lead the efforts aimed at helping to shape the German political and legislative environment through leadership in public policy, advocacy and public relations, to maximize company’s ability to create value for people living with diseases treated through company products
- This role will work across all Therapeutic areas within an immediate focus on the Therapeutic Area Bone
As a 'concluencer' and External Engagement Lead you will contribute by:
- Building and operating the External Engagement (EE) long-term strategy for the Area, in association with the External Engagement Practice and Patient Value Units (PVU), both at EU and Area level, as well as market access and medical affairs.
- Contributing to the various PVU patient value plans by incorporating EE initiatives generating value for patients and our company (e.g. increasing access, compliance or treatment rates; raising awareness on specific situations
- Defining the best way to operate EE in Central Europe, using existing network involved in public affairs and public relations (country representatives, market access, medical affairs) and complementing it with a network of external EE experts when necessary.
- Operating that model, creating the corresponding community, driving and monitoring plan execution and communicating its results to leadership team and other relevant forums
- Ensuring that Policy and Advocacy Strategic Plan is an integral part of the Patient Value Plans.
- Developing government affairs, patient advocacy and public policy agenda in full alignment with short and long-term business goals.
- Delivering coherent and sophisticated environmental analysis and policy insight to business, including identification of changes needed in health systems to optimize patient access to treatment.
- Ensuring that the Policy and Advocacy Plan contains Key patient and political messages on disease/brand and development of relevant documents/packages for selected national governments, politicians and patient groups;
- Ensuring a strong link between Policy and Advocacy activities and company’s pricing and access strategies by cultivating external stakeholder relationships and partnership opportunities that focus on (a) improving patients’ access to potentially life transforming therapies and (b) advancing national/local policies to support programs that improve treatment and care for patients
- University degree. A master's in public health, public policy, international affairs, political science, business administration and/or a law degree are preferred.
- Proven track-record within public affairs and public relation development, analysis and influencing.
- Understanding the external environment and political decision-making process.
- Result orientated: able to demonstrate a track record of personal achievements in complex situations, accountable
- Skilled judgement on positioning and tone of sensitive and complex issues is essential.
- Ability to grasp complex technical information and "translate" it for non-expert audiences.
- Effective, flexible approach to team working. Strong management, leadership, coaching and motivation skills that build high performing individuals and teams.
- Proven ability to lead and influence others at both peer and senior level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and previous evidence of networking to a high level.
- Strong communication, networking, collaboration and interpersonal skills - ability to build relationships of trust with a wide range of individuals and organizations.
- Strategic and flexible thinking - ability to multi-task, effectively manage projects, handle complex issues, and translate insights into sound analysis and advice to the business.
- Proven ability to develop trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders, influence executive- level leaders and collaborate remotely in a global organization
- Understands the impact of own actions on other areas of the business and looks for synergies inside and outside the organization.
- Strong conflict management and negotiation skills.