Exploring the influence of the dynamic gastrointestinal environment on drug and formulation behavior. - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Develop analytical assays to quantify test drugs and relevant metabolites in differentmatrices (biopsies, in vitro cell models, intestinal fluids...) by using highperformance liquid chromatography (HPLC) with UV, fluorescence and massspectrometry detection.
- Participate in clinical studies.
- Investigate variations in the behavior and performance of drug formulations caused by the time of drug intake relative to the cyclic motility pattern; the pressures inside the stomach and duodenum will be continuously monitored by high-resolution manometry.
- Explore site-dependent intestinal drug behavior.
- Study lipolysis and the solubility-permeability interplay in postprandial conditions.
- Work collaboratively with basic scientists, pharmacologists and clinicians to solve scientific problems.
- Maintain efficient interactions with internal and external collaborators.
- Keep up to date on literature related to the field.
- Propose novel and actionable ideas, aligned with scientific strategies and demands.
- Present data internally and externally.
- A master degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Medicine or equivalent
- Experience in general in vitro lab activities including cell culture, epithelial integrity monitoring (evaluation of transepithelial electrical resistance, permeability to fluorescent molecules),and HPLC is a plus, but not required
- High motivation in combination with strong scientific curiosity
- Strong team orientation, highly collaborative and results-oriented
- Good organizational skills and knowledge of the English language are required (oral/written)