Expert in integrating AM into production processes - Belgium
- You will set up and carry out AM R&D projects for leading industrial companies in the Belgian manufacturing sector.
- You will ascertain the optimal way to integrate AM into a production environment: you will research methods for physically and digitally integrating AM into the production process and the best way to combine AM with machining technology.
- You will assess the economic feasibility of proposed solutions and help companies to make their technological choices.
- You will help to build a pilot plant where we can organise practical demonstrations of what AM can offer.
- You will advise companies on any questions and/or issues they have about integrating AM into their production process, and will be able to translate their needs into innovative production concepts.
- You will keep up to date with the latest technological developments in production and AM that emerge from the research and business worlds and pass on this information to customers using a range of media channels.
- You will build up a knowledge network involving industry stakeholders, researchers, our company and its partners.
- You hold a master’s degree (or PhD) in engineering or industrial sciences (specialising in electromechanics, automation or another relevant discipline).
- You have extensive experience in all aspects of production.
- You are familiar with a wide range of production technologies, the automation of production processes (including visualisation, grabs and robotics) and digital integration (from a basic PLC up to and including putting Industry 4.0 into practice).
- You understand the interplay between product design, automation and other aspects of production.
- You are interested in metal additive manufacturing and want to learn more about this area as quickly as possible.
- You are able and willing to take a hands-on approach to your work in order to turn theory into practice (and vice versa) and are solution-oriented.
- You are a team player but can also work independently.
- You enjoy project-based work and are results-oriented.
- You are analytical and can think conceptually.
- You have good communication and persuasion skills.
- Your Dutch and English are excellent, and you have good knowledge of French. German is a plus.
You will be actively involved in prestigious projects within Belgian companies, building up knowledge and experience of the most advanced technologies. Every day, you will feel the satisfaction that comes from knowing you are doing pioneering work. In short, you will be innovating in the purest sense of the word. Flexible working arrangements and personal development are key concerns at our company. We also offer an attractive salary package in line with your role and experience.