This job is currently Archived,
Executive Director Market Access & Patient Support Services Wilmington United States,
Posted on : 19 June 2017
- Reporting to the Executive Vice President & General Manager, the Executive Director, Market Access & Patient Support Services will be responsible for working with payers, distributors, specialty pharmacies and lead our patient assistance program.
- He/she will focus appropriately on insuring patient access to company's products.
- He/she will be responsible for development of strategic approach to payer coverage for all current and soon to be launched products.
- The executive director will be responsible for leading a national payer team dedicated to working with national and regional payers to obtain coverage for Jakafi in all indications and for soon to be launched new drugs for the treatment of cancer.
- Also will lead the in-house access and product distribution team as well as the company Cares patient assistance team.
- This talented individual must thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, drive for results, understand market dynamics, demonstrate excellent judgment, and be motivated by the desire to improve patients' lives.
Summary of the Essential Functions of the Job
- Lead a team of National Account Directors and Patient Access Services, Reimbursement & Distribution whose job responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain access for all company products with selected distribution partners, specialty pharmacies, accounts and with national and select regional payers.
- Oversee and help provide strategic access and reimbursement guidance to pipeline assets.
- Participate and coordinate activities with state oncology societies and other advocacy/influencer organizations
- Oversee the development of pricing, access, and reimbursement strategies and support programs for Jakafi and all products
- Assist in the building of strong value proposition and support launch preparation activities for the approval of Epacadostat.
- Identify, develop and execute business opportunities by focusing on appropriate positioning and messaging of company products within targeted Managed Care customers
- Research and interpret Medicare Part D and commercial payer coverage policies for Company products
- Oversee and manage the reimbursement/patient access vendors to manage company Cares reimbursement support, and patient assistance programs.
- Identify and communicate dispensing and product access issues or trends to the impacted region(s)
- Create opportunities with Specialty Distribution, GPO and to enhance the current promotional messaging for company drugs.
- Meet with key accounts and educate the organization on company products
- Develop and present training for company sales force and regional directors as needed.
- Assist the sales force and regional directors with any account-specific problems or issues
- Develop solutions for the field force and access team with any account-specific product access or reimbursement problems or issues
- Establish strong customer management skills and relationships for assigned accounts
- Ensures strategies and tactics are supported through market research, advisory boards, and customer channel feedback
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the evolving oncology marketplace and its various customer segments.
- Screen, interview, and hire National Account Managers.
- Ability to motivate, develop and retain National Account Managers.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and company policies.
- Conduct annual and on-going performance reviews
- Communicate and coach the execution of product marketing strategies
- Share best practices with direct reports, peers and HQ.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years direct sales/management experience in Oncology.
- 5+ years of Market/Patient access experience at a pharmaceutical/biotech company
- Excellent leadership abilities and a positive attitude
- Established relationships with key strategic partners a plus
- Solid understanding of GPO, and specialty distribution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation skills.
- High functioning strategic and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to think on his/her feet and provide solutions and alternatives
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and meetings simultaneously; strong organizational skills
Find a Job Find Candidates