Executive Director, Commercial Distribution Operations - Switzerland
- Our company is recruiting for an Executive Director, Commercial Distribution Operations to become an integral part in our efforts to enhance the distribution strategy in markets of the Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (EEMEA) region.
- The Executive Director will add substantial value by building commercial capabilities and providing dedicated support across the region that enable long-term growth and evolution through the optimization of distributor management, the assessment of financial and account management levers and the advancement of sales force execution.
- The Executive Director will be responsible for further developing a state-of-the-art Commercial Operations function ensuring the effective management of EEMEA export markets and leading a team of experts in Commercial Operations, Sales Force Effectiveness, and Training Management with a particular focus on distributor, CTC and pharmacy management.
- This position has great visibility and impact on developing a tailored regional strategy, focusing on driving sales and profitability growth for our company through creating and implementing best practice commercial strategies.
- Besides, you will ensure the development of critical workforce capabilities through an evolution of customer engagement models and multi-channel/digital capabilities within the regional organization.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following main tasks:
- Create a framework to ensure effective management of EEMEA export markets, with a particular focus on distributor, CTC and pharmacy management
- Serve as the EEMEA/Global Human Health Division representative for the EEMEA export markets model, including project Columbus, monitoring of order book, execution of timely shipments, etc.
- Provide guidance to local markets regarding their commercial organization structure to have full governance under the same organization unit for the commercial terms (Gross to Net) decisions
- Provide thought-leadership on driving sales and profitability growth for our company through creating, implementing and disseminating best practice commercial strategies.
- Develop comprehensive plans for leveraging MCM, Digital and Social Media resources within the EEMEA region
- Develop a commercial culture within the organization that will ensure that the local markets will have an understanding of the principles of commercial strategy and the capabilities to deliver on that strategy
- Secure high levels of Sales Force Excellence by driving our company International and EEMEA initiatives aiming at optimizing sales force effectiveness as a whole, including but not limited to sales force size and structure, call quantity and quality, segmentation and targeting, among other levers. Most importantly, continue to support development of our First Line Sales Managers with a specific focus on coaching quality.
- Provide oversight to the EEMEA Learning organization to ensure critical workforce capabilities are developed in line with EEMEA business priorities.
- A critical focus will be on the development of FLM capabilities.
- BA/BSc degree or international equivalent from an accredited university; advanced degree/MBA preferred
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical commercial experience in sales and marketing positions
- Documented experience from a commercial organization within a complex operating model
- Complete understanding of P&L management and impact of commercial terms on the bottom-line and working capital related outcomes
- Strong budget/finance management experience; commercially astute, proactive self-starter
- Track record of strategic and operational planning in a trade driven environment
- Innovative strategic thinker with exceptional process and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to take a thorough understanding of market, trends, technology and opportunities in the geographical region converting it to activities that increase business success
- Experience in evolving customer engagement models by leveraging MCM, Digital and Social Media capabilities
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with experience over a diverse and broad set of functions; proven ability to set a vision, to lead change and provide mentoring
- Excellent project, people and budget management skills in the areas of training, performance management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution
- Demonstrated ability to develop a deep understanding of the culture, customs and traditions of the country under responsibility
- Accustomed to working in delivering projects across several teams, timelines and within a matrix structure
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from groups of disparate individuals
- Documented multi-tasking and delegation skills with the ability to direct key changes through leadership and mentoring; proven ability to sustain a high energy level over time
- Willingness to travel at least 50%
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written; further relevant language skills are advantageous
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Distribution, Manager, Pharmacy, Operations, Management, Healthcare