Executive Assistant-US Medical Weston United States,
|External Posting Title||Executive Assistant-US Medical|
|Job Description||The Executive Assistant will directly support the VP, US Medical and other executives as designated with advanced administrative support. The person in this role must be able to interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. This position interacts with employees, corporate officers, executives, external professionals and other individuals as necessary. Above all else this position requires a professional demeanor, sense of urgency, and the ability to keep sensitive material and conversations strictly confidential. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Familiarity and comfort with both scientific and business-focused presentations and materials is required.|
• Complex electronic calendar management
• Meeting and event planning
• Extensive travel arrangements for the VP and the US Medical Leadership Team
• Provide general administrative support including telephone coverage, typing routine correspondence, processing incoming and outgoing mail, filing, etc.
• Manage and maintain extremely confidential/sensitive matters.
• Preparation of materials for presentations, as required, including to executive management team, R&D leadership, Commercial leadership, and key external contacts
|Location||Weston, MA, US|
|Job Category||Global Medical/Medical Affairs|
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Critical eye to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to exercise good judgment and determine priorities
• Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure
• Polished and articulate with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to interface with high level internal and external contacts requiring discretion and initiative.
• Ability to work in a fast paced challenging environment while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
• Adaptable to change
• Must work independently and as a team player
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Explorer, etc
• Intuitive, able to anticipate needs and develop options
• Strong work history in a corporate environment, with experience supporting an executive preferably supporting Executive positions in a scientific environment
|Education||Bachelor s degree preferred. Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry experience preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered|
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Biotech, Executive Assistant, Pharmaceutical, Administrative, Science
Find a Job Find Candidates