Executive Assistant (North America Manufacturing Operations) - United States
|External Posting Title||Executive Assistant (North America Manufacturing Operations)|
|Job Description||Executive level support to the VP Manufacturing & General Manager for the RTP site. Responsibilities include calendar management, scheduling meetings and domestic/international travel, communication support, site wide activities support, and other special projects as requested. This position requires a professional demeanor, sense of urgency, result-focused, and the ability to keep sensitive material and conversations strictly confidential. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.|
• Calendar & Meeting Management | Ensures appropriate time management. Coordinates, arranges & plans meetings, such as group off-sites, team buildings, etc. Selects meeting locations, coordinates scheduling with internal & external attendees as needed. May participate or assist with the planning and operating of large complex meetings often of a confidential nature. Completes conference/external meeting registrations, collates meeting materials, hotel arrangements, transportation, etc. Coordinates frequent internal meetings; arranges agendas and meeting materials. Prepares meeting materials, oversees meeting operations, greet guests, etc. Handles meeting logistics (e.g. room reservations in multiple locations, orders refreshments, catering, schedules IT/AV support & facilities requests) Prepares & circulates agenda and meeting materials. Prepares any requested documents for manager, including PP, Excel charts and/or Word documents and correspondence. Act as manager’s delegate in Travel approvals and BAM requests. May Track and follow up on urgent and pending issues; prepare correspondence; process incoming and outgoing mail. Process expense reports. Meet & Greet visitors as needed. Acts as liaison for manager with outside departments. Manage subscriptions, memberships, etc. Assist with vendor & Service agreements for Accounts Payable processing. Assists with confidentiality & Non-Disclosure Agreements as necessary.
• Write and distribute communication son behalf of manager to site and/or staff with minimal to zero review/approval. Limited supervision; understands priorities and makes responsible decisions with limited information; accomplishes tasks independently; capable of providing technical guidance to others. May direct work of other administrative staff.
• Maintain working knowledge of relevant Biogen policies and procedures, including but not limited to Quality, GMP, Financial, Travel & Expense and Compliance Protocols.
• Attend training to remain up to date for changes with current programs/processes or new programs/processes; may attend training programs through BIU and/or webinars to ensure skills remain at desired level.
|Location||Research Triangle Park, NC, US|
• 8+ years of Administrative Assistant experience
• Highly organized, can manage multiple and changing priorities
• Demonstrated experience in execution and accountability for project coordination and, or management.
• Demonstrated experience problem-solving and proactive dealing with complex, ambiguous situations with diplomacy and tact.
• Must have proficiency with technology, including MS office suite and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes.
• Technical skill depth, need to understand more than the basics of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Understanding of priorities and how to ask for clarification
• Ability to anticipate what is needed
• Flexibility to stop in the middle of something to change gears and work on something else
• Understanding for when to push back and request justification / clarification
• Ability to think outside the box to solve problems and desire to create and implement new processes
• Ability to take feedback and improve from the feedback ability to communicate with various types of personalities without getting flustered
• Ability to do well under pressure and with high expectations of performance
• Fit to the culture -- can drive things forward on their own with little assistance
• Attention to detail
• Familiarity with biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry a plus
|Education||Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent relevant work experience|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Operations Manager, Biotech, Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Finance, Operations, Science, Administrative