Executive Assistant - United States
|External Posting Title||Executive Assistant|
|Job Description||We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Executive Assistant to provide executive administrative support to the Vice President of Technical Operations Procurement. The right candidate must be flexible, organized, proactive, collaborative, and calm under pressure. Excellent communication, inter-personal and collaboration skills are essential for this role due to interactions with senior members of the organization and with key external partners and suppliers. Demonstrated experience problem-solving and proactive dealing with complex, ambiguous situations with diplomacy and tact. Demonstrated experience in execution and accountability for project coordination and, or management. This position also requires a professional demeanor, sense of urgency, the ability to prioritize, and a high level of discretion with an ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information. Must enjoy a “start-up” atmosphere and be flexible, show initiative, good judgment and be willing to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as needed to achieve goals and deliverables. Familiarity with biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry a plus. |
• Provide general administrative support, to include: calendar and meeting management, coordination of leadership team meetings - set agendas, attend, capture meeting minutes, and follow through on action items.
• Assist in the preparation of documents and logistics for senior leadership meetings.
• Manage expense reporting by preparing and submitting expense reports., often including complex international travel related transactions.
• Create and maintain organizational charts, support staff recruiting and rapid onboard of new hires, temporary staff and contractor support.
• Assist in preparation of business review materials and other key presentation requirements for internal and external meetings.
• Track and coordinate departmental initiatives and projects by driving action cycles and timelines as appropriate.
• Support departmental and facility related communications, in and outside of normal office hours, as needed.
• Business travel arrangement including Agency meeting coordination and planning as required. Proactively troubleshoot and address travel conflicts. Additionally, generate detailed itineraries, including arranging for the use of visitor offices and coordinating office support needs in satellite locations.
• Coordination and logistics support of meetings and events, both on and off-site.
• Point of contact for external business partners.
• Knowledge of Biogen’s shipping and receiving services (ie: FedEx and UPS). Must be willing to send packages on others’ behalf, and understand how to ship items.
• Proofread and edit high level PPT presentations and documents.
• Maintain and update organization chart (add new staff members).
• Proactive attitude - must anticipate needs of both the VP and department.
• Owns and maintains Biogen University curriculum. Must reach out to HR as well as Global Learning to update department’s core learning for both new hires and refreshers. Must attend any necessary trainings.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
• Prior experience supporting senior management, preferably in the biopharma industry.
• Excellent inter-personal, verbal and writing skills, energy and enthusiasm with a positive outlook required.
• Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work in an accurate and detailed manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and to perform tasks simultaneously with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment. Must be flexible and willing to resolve multiple tasks at a moment’s notice.
• Experience planning complex meetings desired.
• Possess a high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio experience required.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and determine priorities. Proactively anticipate and identify issues and propose solutions or takes steps to resolve.
• Demonstrated experience problem-solving and maintaining a proactive and diplomatic demeanor in a complex, ambiguous situations.
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and manage sensitive and confidential information.
• Prioritize tasks as needed.
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Biotech, Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Pharmaceutical, Executive Assistant, Science, Administrative