|External Posting Title||Executive Assistant|
|Job Description||We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Executive Assistant to provide executive administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Research and Early Development (R&ED). The right candidate must be flexible, organized, proactive, collaborative, and calm under pressure. Excellent communication, inter-personal and collaboration skills are essential for this role due to interactions with C-level executives, others across all levels of the organization. This position also requires a professional demeanor, sense of urgency, the ability to prioritize, and a high level of discretion with an ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information.|
• Provide general administrative support, to include: calendar and meeting management, coordination of R&ED and other leadership team meetings - set agendas, attend, capture meeting minutes, and follow through on action items.
• Assist in the preparation of documents and logistics for executive meetings; support the preparation of Board materials as appropriate.
• Maintain working knowledge of relevant Biogen policies and procedures and provide information in this regard as required.
• Manage expense reporting by preparing and submitting expense reports, often including complex international travel related transactions.
• Provide finance and budget support by submitting requests for purchase orders, and tracking invoices through the payment process.
• Support or facilitate global communications, in and outside of normal office hours, as needed.
• Business travel arrangements for SVP, R&ED as required. Proactively troubleshoot and address travel conflicts. Additionally, generate detailed itineraries, including arranging for the use of visitor offices and coordinating office support needs in satellite locations.
• Coordination and logistics support of meetings and events, both on and off-site.
|Location||Cambridge, MA, US|
|Qualifications||Prior experience supporting senior executives, preferably in the biopharma industry.|
• Excellent inter-personal, verbal and writing skills, energy and enthusiasm with a positive outlook required.
• Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work in an accurate manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and to perform tasks simultaneously with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment. Project management and project coordination skills desired.
• Experience planning large, complex meetings desired.
• Possess a high-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint experience required.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and determine priorities. Proactively anticipate and identify issues and propose solutions or takes steps to resolve.
• Demonstrated experience problem-solving and maintaining a proactive and diplomatic demeanor in a complex, ambiguous situations.
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and manage sensitive and confidential information.
|About Biogen||Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Founded in 1978, Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer?s disease, Parkinson?s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. |
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. With a strong affiliate presence and a network of distribution partners, Biogen has established a global footprint that allows us to capture the greatest value for the products we develop.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Cambridge
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Biotech, Executive Assistant, Administrative, Science, Research