Exec Dir, Global Privacy - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Global Privacy Officer will:
- Set the strategic direction on privacy and provide leadership and oversight of data privacy issues worldwide;
- Establish and lead a global privacy governance committee; Become our company’s chief regulatory representative for privacy;
- Establish risk-based benchmarks for our company via international privacy associations, working groups and through developed relationships with Data Privacy Authorities.
- Oversee and drive all activities relating to the development, implementation, maintenance and adherence of our company's privacy policies and procedures;
- Lead global privacy projects (establish corporate governance, define and maintain global requirements, training programs, monitoring, etc.);
- Monitor global privacy issues, developments, risks & risk mitigation plans.
Set strategic direction and implement controls over a multi-year road-map tailored to company's business.
- Establish and implement a company policy framework tailored to company's operating model
- Establish and implement an international data transfer compliance plan to ensure lawful global data transfers
- Establish and maintain privacy request / complaint handling procedures
- Establish and implement standards and procedures in relation to third-party management, incident handling and notifications and use of new technologies with impact on data privacy
- Establish and implement global awareness campaigns and training programs
- Establish and implement procedures and tools to support risk and impact assessments and risk mitigation
- Ensure and monitor adherence of company's policy framework through privacy compliance assessments, Company Level Controls and internal audits
- Provide guidance to senior management on data privacy issues in conjunction with the legal department
- Define local and global organization model to ensure appropriate capabilities and compliance level and manage risks
- Provide leadership to business units, countries and global functions and oversight of global and cross-business data protection issues, developments and trends for company.
- Work with these local countries and global functions to ensure that company’s standards are considering local regulations.
- Lead review of policies and procedures to foster privacy by design and accountability
- Identify and monitor privacy trends and legal developments and address its impact on the organization
- Identify and monitor group risks and risk mitigation
- Lead Privacy Program, its subordinate and follow-on projects.
- Oversee ongoing business unit, regional and local implementation, risks, activities and developments and provide periodic updates to an oversight committee
- Develop Global Privacy champions to ensure all local requirements are understood, local data privacy registrations are kept up to date and that networks of experts are in place to roll-out policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain network with regulators and industry groups worldwide and represent our company in Industry Groups and networks
- Promote open door communication between the business and the Privacy Organization
- Ensure strong knowledge of privacy regulations and interpretations worldwide and follow developments and trends
- Proven track record of leading global privacy programs within the healthcare industry. A like-sized or larger organization is preferred
- Solid knowledge of the privacy and data protection laws in the EEA and other regions. A candidate with a law degree is preferred
- Over 10-years of privacy and data protection experience in a multinational organization
- Senior leader with >15 years of relevant overall experience
- English language fluency. Command of German, French or Italian is also preferred
- Results oriented, team player, and able to work well with all levels of the organization
- Solid communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Able to identify issues and develop business-friendly solutions
- Business experience, legal or compliance background and project management experience are desirable
- A privacy certification, CIPP-E is preferred
- Willing to travel as needed
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders.
- Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.