This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 01 May 2017
- Our company was one of the first companies to recognize the potential of modern biotechnology in developing valuable medicines for patients and to assemble the diverse set of skills necessary to advance from textbook to applied science.
- Today, we are applying our deep scientific capabilities from more than three decades of experience to the development of biosimilars and continuing our legacy of providing patients with vital medicines.
- This attorney will work in close coordination with another attorney to handle legal issues relating to the promotion and commercialization of company's product portfolio, well as the provision of product-related scientific information, in Europe.
- He or she will work collaboratively with cross-functional brand teams to develop legally-compliant strategies to better serve patients and demonstrate the value of company's products to payers, including by leveraging information, new media platforms and innovative technologies.
- This position also includes the management of disputes, mainly with competitors, in the foregoing areas in various European jurisdictions, as well as counseling on appropriate interactions with health care professionals and government officials.
- In addition to the foregoing, this attorney may also provide legal support on a variety of projects and initiatives on an as-needed basis, taking into account the attorney s skills, experience and interests.
- Strong academic credentials and a law degree from a recognized university law faculty.
- Qualification to practice law in at least one European jurisdiction (German or Swiss law qualification or knowledge a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years of practice at a well-regarded law firm and/or corporate law department with a focus on advising clients in the life sciences
- Experience in the laws and regulations related to the promotion of pharmaceutical products in Europe and in review of promotional and non-promotional materials
- Experience in disputes and litigation matters related to the promotion of biopharmaceutical products
- Native or near-native fluency in English (German a plus)
- Good general knowledge of regulatory and healthcare compliance issues, including interactions with healthcare professionals, data privacy, anti-corruption and competition law
- Solid knowledge of general commercial law
- Strong commercial orientation and collaborative partner, capable of fully understanding the motivations and business objectives driving commercial activities
- Good judgment and maturity, capable of assessing and advising internal clients on legal risks and proposing successful solutions, knowing when to escalate matters, and capable of taking a stand in the interests of the corporation
- Self-aware person who can prioritize and delegate work effectively, successfully manage client expectations, knows his or her own limits, and can work well with a variety of personalities/capabilities in cross-functional teams
- Proactive self-starter who is results-oriented and capable of taking the lead on projects to drive clear and timely outcomes
- Conducts self in an ethical manner and is respectful of others
Find a Job Find Candidates