This job is currently Archived,
ERP Team Lead - Project Systems - United Kingdom
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 22 March 2017
Department Marketing Statement
- Our company is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 10,000 employees in 26 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services. We take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health.
- Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
Manage the SAP Project Systems (PS) team in their daily job functions. Evaluate and manage projects and activities related to the PS module in SAP. Manage day to day global support and documentation of the PS module in SAP for all company businesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and mentor a team of PS Business Process and SAP Functional Analysts.
- Define and analyze business requirements from management for PS functional area(s).
- Develop and recommend process changes; work with the Global SAP Solution Architect and Lead Business Process Architect to identify SAP solutions to meet the business needs.
- Manage the SAP configuration activities in the PS space.
- Manage the development of functional specifications for system changes.
- Manage the development of test scripts for system, integration, regression and user acceptance test phases.
- Manage the creation of plans and QA/test activities for configuration/development activities.
- Lead function-specific testing efforts to ensure that the configured solution works as designed to support the business and generate accurate financial information.
- Identify any process or business issues that may arise with the implementation of the software and develop plans to address those issues.
- Lead efforts to ensure optimal data structure within assigned area to meet functional needs, and provide recommendations to the Master Data group to ensure appropriate upkeep of data.
- Present project progress, issues and decisions to IT management team and business stakeholders
- Ensure that adequate resources and solutions are available to support the success of the project in assigned area(s).
- Work with Internal Controls to develop control narratives, control sets and procedures that meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Identify metrics and related reports that will be used after implementation to monitor process integrity and identify potential issues.
- Promote and adhere to all compliance policies around organizational structure and common master data globally.
- Measure and monitor team progress to ensure deliverables are met on time, on/under budget, and meet/exceed expectations.
- Lead process design activities with power users to improve operational excellence and lower cost of operations.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships / consultative support across global business users at all levels, influencing to achieve improved process performance, productivity gains, and value-added use of technology.
- Gain commitment across business units for unified solutions / processes.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Assist in the development of organizational structure and staffing requirements.
- Assist in the development and recommendation of departmental budget.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of departmental training programs, including orientation
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in accounting or related discipline. Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Experience: Significant SAP implementation experience in the Project Systems tool suite.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and with all levels of management including executives.
- Ability to use business acumen to develop solutions to functional issues and be results driven.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement
- Excellent career development & training opportunities.
- Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day,company Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
- Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
- Subsidised Staffroom.
- Free onsite car parking