This job is currently Archived,
ERC Funded Postdoc: Enhancer Control - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- You will use a combination of high-throughput techniques, including RNA-seq, ChIP-seq ATAC-seq, and massively parallel enhancer-reporter assays (MPRA) to identify and characterize enhancers in animal genomes.
- These data will be used to train new “enhancer models” using machine learning approaches, to block enhancers using CRISPR-Cas9 techniques, and to synthesize enhancers with new functions.
- As model system, you will use dynamic state transitions of human cancer cells, in vitro and in vivo.
- PhD in LifeSciences, Bio-Engineering, Biomedical Science, or similar.
- Strong experience or interest in gene regulation.
- Strong molecular biology and genetics skills, including cloning (Gateway/Infusion, BAC) and CRISPR-Cas9.
- Experience with cell culture, mouse or Drosophila genetics is a plus.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing, transcriptomics, epigenomics and bioinformatics is also considered as a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- A stimulating international research environment.
- A renewable contract.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Relocation support possible for international applicants.