Equipment Specialist - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Operates and monitors automated manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Must certify on multiple processes.
- May perform manual manufacturing operations such as manual packing.
- Will monitor product quality in accordance with task instructions.
- Conducts on-the-job training for other associates.
- Works as a member of a self-directed work team.
- Participates in all team meetings, activities, team building initiatives, and continuous improvement activities.
- Operates multiple processes on high speed automated or semi-automated manufacturing equipment.
- Participates in all equipment changeovers or set-ups.
- Monitors assigned processes to ensure high quality production.
- Removes defective product from the automated or semi-automated processes.
- Participates in the division of labor of self-directed work responsibilities including attendance, scheduling of work assignments, compliance audits, etc.
- Maintains equipment and a clean area by performing tasks such as sweeping, mopping, and wiping down equipment.
- Maintains an open line of communication to ensure all problems/changes are communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintains records and documents as required.
- Determines the cause of quality problems and takes appropriate action per the task documents.
- May perform Process Control Operator duties, as required.
- Works overtime as needed by the department.
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement teams and activities, including 5S, blitzes, Shift Start-up, updating PVD boards, etc.
- Continuously improves through the KAS program, meeting department goals for completed KAS.
- Complies with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Complies with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain safe work behaviors
- High quality products manufactured per task documents
- Meet or exceed department KAS completion goals
- High school graduate or GED
- Effective written and oral communication skills (English), basic math skills, and interpersonal skills
- One to two years of previous manufacturing/production experience is preferred
- Must also have good dexterity and coordination