This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- The goal of the Strategic Epidemiology function is to translate observational evidence into robust quantitative insights that enable decision-making and prioritization in Research & Early Development.
- Our research encompasses: descriptive assessment of unmet medical need; real-world characterization of patients & diseases; and molecular & genetic epidemiology
- The role provides a unique opportunity to learn about how epidemiological insights can add value to the early stages of drug development, while also gaining an understanding of the broader drug development process and industry.
- You will work under the general supervision of the function Lead, and will be exposed to many aspects of the work done in the department.
- You will work on projects that add real value to patients and to the business.
- Conducting quantitative literature reviews and summarizing the findings
- Critically evaluating third-party data
- Adapting and/or building epidemiological models
- Contributing to the design of observational studies using real world evidence
- Characterizing genetic or bio-marker variation in diseases of interest using publicly available data
- Learn how epidemiology is used in drug development
- Work in close collaboration with senior members of the department
- Increase their understanding of the drug development process
- Be exposed to numerous roles & departments within a global pharmaceutical company
Msc or PhD in Sciences or a graduate degree in epidemiology with ability to independently research questions; scientific background required to critically evaluate all scientific aspects of studies. Minimum 4 years experience in epidemiology field. Strong, demonstrable, epidemiological or quantitative component (such as medicine, public health, applied biostatistics, or health economics).
- A sound understanding of epidemiological concepts & medical terminology
- Experience in conducting quantitative literature reviews using databases such as PubMed, Ovid, Web of Knowledge (experience of meta-analysis would be an advantage).
- The ability to collaborate, and the ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in English.
Find a Job Find Candidates