Environmental Policy Manager - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day.
- Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
- Monitor and communicate internally key national and intergovernmental environmental policy and legislative developments;
- Support the development and the governance of a global, enterprise-wide Environmental Policy Council consisting of regional and functional environmental policy subject-matter experts (SMEs) that collects ongoing environmental policies and regulatory developments, especially those impacting the integrity of our products, and evaluates potential impact to the business;
- Prioritize key environmental policy and regulatory issues, advise business partners on relevant threat/opportunity levels for their businesses and products, and maintain an emerging issues risk-matrix that illustrates potential impact to the business;
- Work with SMEs to develop relevant enterprise environmental policy positions and support the development, alignment and implementation of the advocacy strategy with WW Corporate Government Affairs & Policy;
- Serve as an environmental policy and legislative expert for Product Stewardship Compliance (REACH, RoHS, Biocides, EPR…) and be available to help define the company’s responsibilities and assist with responses to compliance issues and questions in tenders, contracts, in cooperation with the sustainability team;
- Coordinate with Pharma, Medical Devices and Consumer colleagues on cross-segment environmental issues (chemicals, circular economy, etc.) and/or participate/take the lead in relevant cross-segment working groups (REACH, RoHS, Biocides…);
- Work with Enterprise Government Affairs & Policy to ensure company representation in environmental working groups of relevant secretarial trade associations and develop an understanding of which company employees are participating in which trade working groups as an input to the Environmental Policy Council;
- Cooperate appropriately with relevant functions in our company (e.g. Enterprise Product Stewardship and Sustainability office, etc…).
- Advanced degree in law, political science, international relations, economics, business, or equivalent preferred;
- 3+ years of experience in environmental policy (imperative), health policy, or government affairs work (public or private sector);
- Strong understanding of global environmental policy-making and legislative processes;
- Excellent understanding of existing global environmental policies and regulations, especially EU-based regulations such REACH, Biocides, RoHS, EPR and US-based regulations such as TSCA and Prop 65.
- Interest in environmental policy, healthcare policy, environmental health and public health;
- Interest in climate and sustainability-related issues, especially as they relate to human health, and understanding of basic aspects of the issues and impact on industry;
- Excellent & impactful communicator in order to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Capacity to zoom in and out between technical details and broader policy discussion
- Fluent in English and functional knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future