Environmental Health and Safety Manager - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Contribute/lead the development and implementation of site/Corporate policies and procedures targeted toward increasing the safety and protection of the environment. Ensure facility compliance with applicable environment health and safety regulations.
- Implement an EHS compliance audit program for the site, track and report status of corrective/preventative actions, and provide escalation to senior management where intervention or oversight is required.
- Conduct reviews at appropriate intervals with site senior management.
- Consult with Corporate management and employees on US regulatory compliance related issues. Work with US/site senior management to ensure proper training programs are established with regards to environmental and health and safety compliance.
- Responsible for timely submission of environmental reports/permits to US regulatory agencies.
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support/lead applicable programs to ensure business continuity of identified risk areas.
- Provide lead support and formal response to EHS agency inspections conducted by US regulatory bodies.
- Manage moderate size capital infrastructure projects from inception to completion. Develop program budgets and schedules in support of initiatives.
- Monitor and drive progress of projects and programs, maintaining budgets and schedules.
- Lead the selection process for hiring third party service firms, evaluating proposals, conducting interviews and making recommendations to senior management.
- Consult with Corporate Engineering, Company management and workplace staff to identify and resolve potential EHS issues through engineering design changes or other means necessary.
- Lead development and implementation of site programs with cross-functional teams including LOTO, machine guarding, permit-to-work, contractor management, ergonomic and risk assessments, electrical safety/Arc flash, etc.
- Knowledge of process safety and risk assessment tools and techniques (i.e. FMEA, HAZOP, What-if, etc.)
- Establish and lead site safety committee with knowledge of work risk assessment, near miss education, etc.
- Serve as lead to develop and implement site emergency response plans including catastrophic event planning, evacuations, hazardous material handling/spills, first responders, etc.
- Knowledgeable in incident command organizational structure/operation.
- Lead efforts to reduce occupational health exposures (i.e. noise reduction, respirators, chemical, etc.)
- Lead site EHS investigations and incident reporting including root cause analysis problem solving, incident prevention, etc.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in scientific area (i.e. engineering, chemistry, biology) or related discipline.
- Experience: Five to seven years related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Preference for Chemical Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Management (CHMM), and Occupational Health
- Other: Sound working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and government regulatory requirements and guidelines. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project. In‑depth knowledge of environment, health and safety regulations required. Ability to communicate and influence senior management on EHS compliance initiatives.
Equal Employment Opportunity