Environmental Health & Safety Manager - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for all the company site environmental health and safety programs, establishes EHS objectives and directs the activities of the site EHS staff to design, develop, implement and audit environmental health and safety programs.
- These programs are designed to minimize employee exposure to workplace stressors, control and eliminate incident costs, and assure company compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of EHS management systems, safety and environmental regulations, and local, state and federal related compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic initiatives towards an established EHS vision, provide confidence to significant stakeholders and ultimately transform the organization by using Human Organizational Performance (HOP), Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) or other tools to change the safety culture and increase employee engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and motivate teams with ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Knowledge of EHS compliance requirements and best practices, the ability to influence, and effective presentation skills.
- Computer literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word, SAP experience desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential, as are excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, safety, industrial hygiene or related field, and ten to fifteen years of environmental health and safety experience, with previous experience in pharmaceutical operations. Board certification in one or more aspects of these disciplines is essential (CSP, CIH, CHMM, etc.)