Environmental Assessment Scientist - Belgium
- Our company seek an enthusiastic colleague to join the Metabolism & Safety group for a challenging and fast-paced position in environmental assessment of veterinary medicines.
- As an active member of multi-disciplinary teams, the candidate will design and implement environmental assessment programs for research and development projects and defend the existing product portfolio.
- Developing and implementing the environmental scientific strategy for new compounds.
- Placing and monitoring studies at Contract Research Organizations through the final reporting stage.
- Producing thoughtful, scientifically-defensible, well-articulated environmental assessments.
- Integrating toxicology, human food safety, microbiological safety, target animal safety, user safety and other relevant data into regulatory submissions.
- Responding to regulatory, manufacturing, and product support queries (globally).
- Conducting new studies and writing expert reports for registration renewals and product support.
- Opportunity for participation in industry working groups.
- Occasional travel: <15% depending upon study involvement.
Minimum skills, education, attributes:
- MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in one of the following fields: environmental science, toxicology, pharmacology, chemistry/biochemistry, or other related scientific disciplines.
- >5 years post-graduate work experience, preferably in the human or veterinary pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated skill in scientific writing (protocols, reports, journal articles).
- Experience in design, implementation, and interpretation of physical chemistry, environmental fate, and/or ecotoxicology studies.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written English).
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and dynamic team environment in a global company.
- Other attributes/soft skills: an absolute team player, passion for problem solving, eager to find creative solutions, strategic insight, judgment, flexibility, eager to learn on the spot, resilient.
Desirable skills, education, attributes:
- Knowledge of global regulatory requirements (VICH and country/regional requirements) for environmental assessment of veterinary medicinal products.
- Familiarity with toxicology and residue chemistry to support human food safety filings and user safety assessments.
- Familiarity with internationally accepted environmental exposure models.
- Experience in writing environmental safety and/or regulatory toxicology dossiers.
- Experience in conducting studies in a regulated environment (GLP-compliance).
- Our company is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways.
- Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services.
- We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.