Enterprise Software Developers - Netherlands
- Our company is looking for experienced application (model-driven) software engineers, who will be responsible for the architecture and design of leading edge, highly-scalable enterprise systems from the concept and system partitioning phase through to the system integration and filing.
- You will also be responsible for the key architecture decisions and ensuring it meets all regulatory requirements (Medical, Data Protection, etc.) required to launch in global markets. The roles cover both the front-end User Interface / Experience (UI/UX) as well as the back-end development.
- You have a passion for, and experience in developing scalable medical products that were brought to market.
- You are comfortable in developing software in a regulated environment to a strict development methodology focused on solving end-user needs.
- You can create and maintain the front end and/or back-end of the application, which consists of the core application logic that will be built in Mendix, databases, data and application integration, APIs and other back-end processes.
- You are familiar with the world of object-oriented programming languages or model driven development platforms.
- You will work together with the other developers in a close-knit team to deliver new and ground-breaking product applications for patients with positional sleep apnea.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development in a regulated environment - ISO13485 / IEC 62304 / and 21 CFR 820 standards & guidelines.
- Technical leadership within the assigned engineering function.
- Write product design specifications, risk assessments, test protocols, reports and other documentation relevant to the development of the product.
- Develop enterprise application’s for our company's medical products with a focus on performance, usability, scalability, security, data privacy and stability.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and appropriate tests.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Manage 3rd party suppliers to deliver according to the project plans (supplier management).
- Ability to develop and meet project schedules.
- Ensure a consistent user experience across all user touchpoints and interfaces in the product.
- Drive the design of appealing and compelling user experiences in our connected care solutions by the designing of engaging workflows and experiences in apps and web based services.
- Design, test and document developed applications.
- Assure the quality of software applications and products through good design, review and testing.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders from System Requirements definition through to regulatory filing and launch.
- Masters Degree (or equivalent) in an applicable Software Engineering or Computer Science field.
- Medical device development domain knowledge and expertise in design for products that were successfully approved and launched. (highly preferable)
- Experience in developing with compliance to IEC 62304, ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 standards.
- Familiar with technology, processes and a variety of the medical field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in architecting and developing enterprise software system projects to successful launch in worldwide markets including the US.
- Good understanding of medical device software system global quality / regulatory requirements, design files, documentation and qualification and the methodologies to deliver these.
- Demonstrable experience and applicable expertise in requirements gathering, product specifications, design of complex telehealth systems incorporating medical devices, enterprise software and interoperability with external applications and other 3rd party components.
- Experience in delivering cloud based solutions and establishing a service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience in UI/UX design
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java ver 8), PostgreSQL/SQL and REST/SOAP is a must.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN.
- Experience with aPaaS is preferable, especially Mendix.
- Experience in managing 3rd party development suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills in English and/or Dutch.
What we offer
- An attractive & competitive market salary and benefits.
- An inspiring working environment where autonomy is appreciated.
- An organisation where professional and personal growth are important.