Engineering Project Manager (Temporary) - Ireland
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company's Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market.
- These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain our company’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Our company has a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions.
- A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- The Project Manager will serve as an integral member of Engineering Project team.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to lead projects and influence others, have strong process knowledge of equipment and utilities, strategic and tactical thinking abilities and be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate will support and assist the Capital Projects Manager in planning projects and to achieve objectives safely within agreed time, cost and performance criteria.
- Manages projects throughout the project life-cycle to ensure that projects goals, budget and schedules are met.
- Manage capital spend on assigned projects – initial estimation to forecasting to financial close-out ensuring a continual focus on cost awareness.
- Perform cost benefit analysis to support justifications and business cases for new projects.
- Works with project sponsor and stakeholders to complete project charters outlining scope, goals, deliverables, resources, budget and timeline. Expand project charters into Project Execution Plans as appropriate.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered to meet customer expectations to the highest safety, environmental, quality, operational & performance standards
- Monitor progress of project milestones with all team members and provide status reports.
- Ensure that adequate communication plans are in place and delivered to ensure that all project stakeholders are informed and consulted on key project activities, progress and decisions.
- Develop and maintain appropriate electronic and paper documentation & filing systems to ensure that all project documents are filed during project execution and safely archived following project completion.
- Ensures that good Engineering practices are utilized and aligned with customer’s needs from requirements gathering, through design and execution.
- Manage project changes and ensure all are captured, documented and assessed.
- Input into site master planning in terms of manufacturing and utility facilitates
- Manage, generate and execute Commissioning & Qualification documentation.
- Generate site change controls and drive their closure in a timely manner
- Setup and review of contracts with company Legal team
- Responsibility for direct supervision of vendor engineers and contractors during engineering works on single or multiple capital projects.
- Use of permit to work system or other safety systems to control engineering activities.
- Generate and review project engineering deliverables such as technical specifications, procurement submitting and vendor turnover documentation.
Project Manager has scope to initiate process, cost and continuous improvement ideas.
Minimum of an Engineering Degree (Chem Eng preferred or Mech Eng) with 10+ years experience working as a Project Engineer/ Manager in a Bio-Pharmaceutical or equivalent type industry Demonstrated experience in leading projects from Design to Qualification
- Work cross functionally to deliver projects for internal customers or as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Work with Engineering firms and contractors for design, construction and C&Q activities.