- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for leading a project group to deliver the Capital Investment Program for Pharmaceutical Processes, Packaging and Facilities within the FDA and HPRA approved company Birex facility.
- This role will require the leading of diverse and multi-disciplinary site project teams to achieve challenging project goals to the defined EHS standards, cost, schedule and quality requirements of company.
- Current significant site projects include a building extension, development of a high containment manufacturing suite, serialization of packaging lines and implementation of a barcode system in the site warehouse, along with specific equipment and energy related projects.
- The role of the Manager, Projects will primarily involve but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities;
- Project Management of all Plant Capex projects
- Compiling, Costing and Control of Annual Capex budget
- Management and oversight of site based Project Engineers and Contract Engineers and development of same to ensure a well motivated team
- Participate in strategic planning of future site investments
- Reporting on status of Capex program
- Ensuring that all EHS needs are included from the start of every project and are integral to the working way of the Projects Group
- Technical Lead on relevant Projects
- Leading the Design, Procurement and completion to FAT stage on equipment projects in order to hand over to QA Validation under the site change control system.
- Ensure Projects are handed over in a controlled manner with manuals, training, maintenance systems and site master drawings updated
- Collaborate significantly with internal/external functions and suppliers to finalize process and equipment design.
- Working closely with the Maintenance, Facilities, Automation Control and EHS functions to ensure the goals of the Engineering Dept. and the company are met
- A honors degree in Engineering
- At least 7 years’ experience as a Project Lead within a regulated Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills coupled with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- A proven track record in managing projects in an oral solid dose manufacturing and packaging environment with experience in automated systems to support the manufacturing function.
- Although not essential, it would be highly desirable and advantageous for the candidate to possess previous experience in working and managing projects within a High Containment Manufacturing and Packaging Environment
- Our company has a commercial presence in over 90 countries and has proven expertise in areas such as Oncology Supportive Care, Gastrointestinal, and Pain and Inflammation medicines.
- This job is based at the Group's finished pharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
- Our company develops, manufactures and packages finished dose forms in tablet, granulate, capsule and gel formats.