Engineering Associate - Optics - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
What you'll be doing:
- Do you want to develop research instruments that are used to advance drug discovery, investigate cures for cancer, and improve lives?
- At Bio-Rad you will work on a product design team to create optically-based instrument products for biotechnology research applications.
- You will work closely with an experienced optical engineer and have hands-on opportunities to apply practical knowledge of optics and opto-electronics to product development.
- At the end of the term you will have the opportunity to present your work to the engineering team and management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build optical set-ups and prototypes.
- Perform experiments to test prototypes.
- Conduct reliability testing.
- Perform data analysis.
- Summarize results in written and verbal communications.
What you need for this role:
- At least 3 years of University level education in Optical Engineering, Physics, or related engineering field. Course work in optics is desired.
- Hands-on lab experience, preferably with optics, opto-electronics, or physics.
- Experience with lab instrumentation and lab set-ups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- No experience necessary.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Location
- Hercules, California, United States
- LSG Engineering - Hercules (10913)
- Position Type