This job is currently Archived,
Engineer V (Senior R&D Mechanical Engineer) - United States
Posted on : 04 July 2017
What you'll be doing:
What you'll be doing:
- With support of the team, will conceive, design, build, and evaluate a range of design concepts.
- Act as mechanical design support for advanced research staff.
- Act as design lead to develop designs in line with design for manufacture (DFM) and design for service (DFS) principles.
- Design necessary fixtures and tooling to support testing or manufacture of subsystems.
- Create documentation, including, mechanical drawings, assembly procedures, test plans, presentations, test reports, in support of design efforts.
- Define and communicate basic theory of operations for systems in development.
- Source and procure prototype parts and components.
- Support the release of production worthy design files into company’s document control system.
- Transfer R&D’s methods to manufacturing in preparation for production.
- Debug functionality and reliability and iterate design to correct issues.
What you need for this role:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Ten years of design and development experience.
- Machine Design.
- Mechanism Design.
- Actuators, electric and pneumatic.
- Control components for flow, position, pressure, force, and temperature.
- Machined plastic and metal components.
- Sheet metal fabricated components.
- Elastomeric components.
- Custom PCBs.
- Injection molded plastic components.
- Optical components.
- Fluidic manifolds and components.
- Pneumatic manifolds and components.
- Electrical connectors and cables.
- Desired: machining and rapid prototyping.
- Expert level understanding of machine design and basic mechatronics knowledge.
- Proficient with basic standard concepts and constraints involved in creating new product designs.
- Proficient with 3D CAD modeling; SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Excellent drafting skills with good knowledge of GD&T standards.
- Familiar with the capabilities and limitations of a variety of fabrication techniques (e.g. machining, plastic injection molding, vacuum forming, sheet metal, stamping).
- Knowledge of modern methods for making prototype or production parts.
- Ability to adhere to project schedules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better result
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age