This job is currently Archived,
Engineer - United States
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- The Research and Automation Technologies Group, an innovation engineering group within the Discovery Technologies organization, is seeking candidates for the position of Engineer.
- This talented, highly motivated individual will work as a hands-on member in multi-disciplinary teams that conceptualize, design and implement automated software & hardware solutions across company’s Research labs.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Design and development of new software, including:
- Embedded software running on micro controllers on devices
- Client software to control single devices and the integration of multiple devices.
- Data management tools for the reduction, visualization, and analysis of complex data sets,
- Integration software to include custom data parsers and integration with corporate LIMS.
- Database design and development.
- Implementing next-generation automation devices, and contributing to their microfluidic, mechanical, and electrical design.
- Participation in user requirement interviews, project design discussions, and reviews.
- CAD-based design of parts and assemblies, followed by the development of technical drawings for part fabrication.
- Engineering documentation and version control of all part/assembly/machine code documents, circuit/wiring/electrical diagrams, and source code.
- System component assembly, testing, and installation. System software configuration and scripting.
- End-user training.
- Collaboration with vendors and academia for development of beta-stage technologies.
- Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Engineering experience
- Associate’s degree and 6 years of Engineering experience
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Engineering experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant scientific discipline.
- Successful experience developing software applications de novo. Broad and extensive software development skill sets, as well as deep knowledge and experience in Microsoft development technologies (C#, WPF, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Services, SQL Server).
- Knowledge and primary experience in the design, prototyping, and manufacture of electro-mechanical and microfluidic systems related to drug discovery.
- Experience with computer aided design tools such as SolidWorks.
- Ability to effectively communicate with client Biologists and Chemists, and translate scientific needs and opportunities into functional requirements.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Eagerness and ability to work in team-based environment but capable of working as an independent contributor in deadline-driven projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of machine shop and hardware fabrication techniques, including CNC milling, 3-D scanning and printing, laser etching and cutting, and soft and hard lithography.
- Experience with machine learning/AI algorithms, laboratory equipment API software interface development, interfacing with LIMS.
- Attention to detail, strong mathematical & quantitative analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to report relevant results of their work to peers and management.
- Our company focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives.
- A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, our company has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
- Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.