This job is currently Archived,
Engineer IV (Mechanical Engineer) Benicia United States,
Posted on : 28 May 2017
What you'll be doing:
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the design and development of complex medical devices by leveraging knowledge and experience in Fluidics, Optics and Thermodynamics.
- Create/Guide creation of CAD models, Drawings, etc.
- Lead FEA analysis.
- Manage SAP transactions related to sustaining engineering and new product development projects.
- Provide sustaining engineering support for the BioPlex 2200 by diagnosing production issues as reported by the instrument manufacturer.
- Support the CAPA process by leading root cause investigations into issues reported by customers.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor less experienced engineers on the team.
- Lead/participate in Design for Excellence (DFX) approach to Product Development.
What you need for this role:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 8+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Direct experience in medical device industry preferred but will consider automotive/high tech background.
- In depth knowledge and practical application of the principles of Mechanical Engineering, with emphasis on Fluidics, Optics and Thermodynamics.
- Highly experienced in system integration.
- Expert user of CAD software such as SolidWorks (preferred), ProE. Proficient in the use of FEA analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to use SAP.
- Working knowledge of Statistics and hands-on experience with DoE.
- Working knowledge of Design for Reliability (DfR) tools & techniques.
- Strong Communication, Leadership, and Computing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate work effort with a diverse and cross-functional team.
- Manual dexterity and ability to work in machine shop, bio-chemical lab environment.
What s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- To all recruitment agencies: Our company does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a company Staffing Representative.
Benicia California United States
Find a Job Find Candidates