This job is currently Archived,
Engineer III (Manufacturing Engineer) Hercules United States,
Posted on : 26 January 2017
What you ll be doing:
- Seek out and solve problems affecting the performance of the manufacturing groups (Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost).
- Will interact with R&D, production personnel and internal/external suppliers to introduce new products as well as support existing.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting electro-optical/mechanical issues and to provide solutions using problem solving techniques.
- Works with supply chain to improve quality from vendors.
- Evaluate non-conforming materials and conduct evaluation and suggest and implement methods to prevent re-occurrence.
- Conducts engineering evaluation activity to minimize NCM (nonconforming materials).
- Works with R&D sustaining engineering team to proactively resolve any manufacturing issues.
- Review engineering design files (Solid Works and AutoCAD drawings, technical specifications, standardization, packaging, etc.) for technical issues that may arise at contract manufacturers or advise suppliers.
- Design or justify new equipment (fixtures, gages, semi-automatic machines, automatic machines, etc.) and processes for new and existing products.
- New production line layout and re configuring of existing to support manufacturing best practices.
- Conduct process verification's and capability studies.
- Consistently reviews and updates progress status of specific projects including first pass yields, production issues, and process output.
- Establish routings and process standards for new and existing product.
- SAP or similar ERP desirable.
- LEAN Manufacturing /6 Sigma methodologies (or other statistical methodologies).
- Demand Flow Technology (DFT) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) experience preferred.
- The ability to work independently on assigned tasks and communicate findings in team settings as they apply to the overall goal of the project.
- Willingness and able to travel up to 20% both domestic and international.
- Accepts special manufacturing projects as assigned
What you need for this role:
- Minimum education BS in Mechanical Engineering or in a related engineering discipline / equivalent work experience in the specific or related field. MS is a plus.
- Minimum three years experience in electromechanical assembly or diagnostic equipment.
- Thorough working knowledge of GD&T.
- Strong understanding of statistics pertaining to validation and process qualification
- Experience with designing hardware products in an FDA or other regulated industry
- Demonstrated working knowledge of design input, design output, traceability, and risk analysis
- Demonstrated capability to be hands on
- Experience in SolidWorks or other CAD equivalent.
- Strong DOE (Design of Experiments) experience
- Knowledge of DFX (Design for Excellence) practices
- Extensive knowledge and application of principles and theories of engineering
- Excellent Communication skills
- DFT (Demand Flow Technology) and DFM (Design For Manufacturing) required
- Computer skills: Mechanical - Solidworks (or equivalent, ProE or Autocad) ; Electrical PADS, ORCAD, Labview, Python and/or other technical software a plus
What s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Hercules California United States
Find a Job Find Candidates