This job is currently Archived,
Engineer II - Test - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 20 August 2017
BD Diagnostics Systems in Sparks, MD is a Division of BD’s Life Sciences Organization. R&D Engineering of BD Diagnostics Systems is responsible for the Design and Development of World Class In-Vitro Diagnostics Instruments, Lab Automation Systems and Informatics Solutions. Test Engineering supports R&D’s Product Development/Maintenance with Verification and Validation to Test and Qualify Products and Solutions. Engineer II understands testing needs and follows the established and proven test processes to test the IVD instrument systems, subsystems and solutions under development in a cross functional environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with other project teams to understand and derive specifications.
- Transforms Product / System / Software Level Requirements / Specifications to create Test Protocols and Test Cases for functional, non-functional and Risk based tests
- Executes planned Test cases to discover functional and nonfunctional System and Software anomalies with Risk impacts
- Provides a detailed description of discovered anomalies to obtain resolutions from Software, System, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering teams
- Supports Software, Systems and Engineering Teams with Trouble shooting, Characterization and Validation activities for Prototypes, Breadboards and Sub-Systems
- Supports Service/Training organization for troubleshooting customer complaints
- Provides Testing support to Sustaining activities
- Engages in continuous improvement to enhance Test Automation, Test Architectural and Test Leadership skills
- 1-2 years of experience of automating User Interfaces in Microsoft Windows / Embedded Windows Environments using popular commercial or open source tools such as Tricentis Tosca, QTP, CodedUI, AutoIT, Selenium, AngularJS, etc.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to work in a cross functional team to complete Testing Tasks as per Project’s and BD’s quality needs and timelines.
- Proven and creative Test skills with attention to details. Thinks out-of-box to discover product anomalies and helps improve the test efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Familiar with Industry standard processes of Software and System development cycles. Understands specifications and requirements to create Test Protocols and Test Cases to provide optimal test coverage and speed of execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technically and professionally describe test scenarios, deviations, non-compliances and risks.
- Ability to create simple SQL Scripts,
- Familiarity with FDA regulations for Medical Instruments, ISO 14971, IEC 62304 standards.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies.
- Familiarity with Design for Six Sigma
- Bachelors degree preferably in Engineering or Science
- 2-5 Years of Software / System Testing experience preferably in an embedded/ hardware environment with automated tests
- Familiarity with Defect Tracking Tools, Requirement Management and Test Management Tools such as TFS, HP ALM (Quality Center), Cognition Cockpit.