This job is currently Archived,
Engineer I/II, Purification Development, Gene Therapy Pilot Facility Cambridge United States,
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- Our company is presently looking to fill an Engineer I or Engineer II position within its Gene Therapy Bio-process Development Pilot Facility.
- Candidate must be motivated and innovative with exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- Assist with scale up design and execute laboratory experiments with minimal guidance
- Perform independent data recording and analysis
- Troubleshoot in-lab activities
- Work with large scale purification operations
- Document development work in concise reports and provide project updates in written and oral presentations
- Support maintenance tasks and new technology evaluations for laboratory instrumentation; interact with outside vendors / suppliers and contract manufacturing organizations
- Proven record of successfully planning and executing projects and experiments
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in filtration (depth filtration, ultrafiltration, diafiltration), chromatography (ion exchange, affinity, size exclusion), aseptic operations, analytical techniques
- Knowledge and experience in large scale purification systems
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan & execute in-lab tasks
- Skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other tools. Knowledge of statistical software applications, including DoE, is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with viral vector related biology a plus
- Bio-engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related discipline:
- Engineer I - B.S. with 3+ years experience, or
- Engineer I - B.S. with 5+ years experience in the Biotech / Biopharm industry
- Other relevant expertise in Science or Engineering will be considered.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Cambridge MA US
Find a Job Find Candidates