Engineer 1 (Software)
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Job ID
- Job Locations
- Research & Development / Engineering
More information about this job:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostic has more than 4,200 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
In June 2014, Ortho became an independent organization, sponsored by private equity sponsor The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. Ortho had previously been a part of Johnson & Johnson. Ortho’s independence lends it an agility that helps it compete in the diagnostics space. Ortho is currently the global market leader in immunohematology, and one of the top five global companies in the clinical labs space.
Ortho has a highly accomplished executive leadership team with extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer is Martin Madaus, who has nearly three decades of experience in the diagnostics and life science industries, and a consistent track record of growing businesses and helping customers deliver fast, accurate diagnostic results to health care professionals and their patients.
The Career Potential:
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
The Engineer 1 (Software) as part of a cross functional team within Software Engineering, is responsible for developing, directing and delivering complex engineering programs in support of R&D business strategies. This position is located in Rochester, NY.
• Develops, plans, and implements solutions to technical problems requiring unconventional approaches, new designs, equipment and process development.
• Serves as an engineering subject matter expert in his/her area of expertise; keeps abreast of new technical developments affecting the organization for an assigned area of responsibility.
• Ensures the accurate recording of data, according to defined engineering practices and policies, for the making of decisions as well as documentation of engineering specifications.
• Provides solutions to various technical problems of a both a specific and complex nature.
• Contributes to successful outcomes that improve development cycle time, ensure the quality of data analysis, and further the achievement of specific project goals related to critical company objectives
• Formulates solutions for the development of programs that bring new and improved project management and engineering technology into the company
• Makes decisions and recommendations that lead to overall company objectives and have a long-term impact on program schedules
• Consistently demonstrations the mission, values and operating principles of Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
• Must be capable of reliable and predictable attendance
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS preferred
• Typically requires some relevant professional experience,; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodology as it relates to defining, validating and implementing software applications
• FDA or other regulatory experience is preferred
At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.