We currently have a new opportunity for an in house Employment Lawyer to join our EMEA Legal team based in Chertsey. The role will primarily provide expertise, support and advice to an EU HR function and work closely with the HR Leaders (particularly in the UK) covering a broad range of topics.
This is a new role so the successful incumbent will have the opportunity to shape the delivery of a best in class service with acquired knowledge and expertise
Purpose of the role:
To provide internal Employment Law advice for HR across an EU/EMEA Region with strategic oversight of the employment law risks within the region.
The position within the EMEA Legal Team is responsible for independently working in conjunction with a broad range of stakeholders, balancing the advice with commercial and legal risks impacting employment decisions and outcomes across the EMEA Regions.
- Working as an Advisor to the HR Teams across EMEA building strong working relationships with Employee Relations Leads and HR Business Partners, providing expert, ethical and pragmatic advice on a wide range of employee relation matters and processes
- Ensuring employment contracts are fit for purpose in country and provide support for any settlement agreements as required.
- Manage any litigation issues , including settling disputes and providing legal support regarding Subject Access and Data Requests, working closely with IS and HR
- Work with Employee Relations Lead to develop, provide and deliver Employment Law guidance, policy and training across EMEA Regions as required.
- Support internal investigations and lead on matters outside of HR EMEA on behalf of Legal and Ethics & Compliance as required.
- Proactively identify risk areas (both within the UK and for EMEA) and work with HR to develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Provide legal support to HR in respect of interactions with Works Councils, Unions and other employee representative bodies in the region as required and TUPE guidance if required.
- Build and coordinate network of external legal support and communicate to HR to drive consistency and efficiency in external legal advisory partners in EMEA Region.
- Embed a Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives. Ensure the Legal Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
Requirements for the role:
- Qualified to degree level and/or equivalent professional legal qualification.
- Demonstrate extensive Employment Law experience as an in-house expert across UK & EU providing support & advice to regional HR
- Possess knowledge, experience and understanding of key business, legal and compliance issues within Pharma and Life Sciences and be able to navigate a multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrate experience of successfully interaction and negotiating with European works councils, Trade Unions and other employee representative bodies.
- Evidence proven experience operating as internal consultant in progressively broader roles with increased scope
- Possess a track-record of leading planning processes with robust project management, organizational and collaboration skills, deploying sound judgement in managing conflicting priorities and client expectations.
- Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fully fluent in written and verbal business English