This job is currently Archived,
Employment Lawyer - United Kingdom
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- We currently have a new opportunity for an in house Employment Lawyer to join our EMEA Legal team..
- The role will primarily provide expertise, support and advice to an EU HR function and work closely with the HR Leaders (particularly in the UK) covering a broad range of topics.
- This is a new role so the successful incumbent will have the opportunity to shape the delivery of a best in class service with acquired knowledge and expertise
Purpose of the role:
- To provide internal Employment Law advice for HR across an EU/EMEA Region with strategic oversight of the employment law risks within the region.
- The position within the EMEA Legal Team is responsible for independently working in conjunction with a broad range of stakeholders, balancing the advice with commercial and legal risks impacting employment decisions and outcomes across the EMEA Regions.
- Working as an Advisor to the HR Teams across EMEA building strong working relationships with Employee Relations Leads and HR Business Partners, providing expert, ethical and pragmatic advice on a wide range of employee relation matters and processes
- Ensuring employment contracts are fit for purpose in country and provide support for any settlement agreements as required.
- Manage any litigation issues , including settling disputes and providing legal support regarding Subject Access and Data Requests, working closely with IS and HR
- Work with Employee Relations Lead to develop, provide and deliver Employment Law guidance, policy and training across EMEA Regions as required.
- Support internal investigations and lead on matters outside of HR EMEA on behalf of Legal and Ethics & Compliance as required.
- Proactively identify risk areas (both within the UK and for EMEA) and work with HR to develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Provide legal support to HR in respect of interactions with Works Councils, Unions and other employee representative bodies in the region as required and TUPE guidance if required.
- Build and coordinate network of external legal support and communicate to HR to drive consistency and efficiency in external legal advisory partners in EMEA Region.
- Embed a Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives. Ensure the Legal Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
Requirements for the role:
- Qualified to degree level and/or equivalent professional legal qualification.
- Demonstrate extensive Employment Law experience as an in-house expert across UK & EU providing support & advice to regional HR
- Possess knowledge, experience and understanding of key business, legal and compliance issues within Pharma and Life Sciences and be able to navigate a multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrate experience of successfully interaction and negotiating with European works councils, Trade Unions and other employee representative bodies.
- Evidence proven experience operating as internal consultant in progressively broader roles with increased scope
- Possess a track-record of leading planning processes with robust project management, organizational and collaboration skills, deploying sound judgement in managing conflicting priorities and client expectations.
- Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders.
- Fully fluent in written and verbal business English