- By making someone else’s life better, you’ll make a real difference in your own.
- Our company unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- For more than 138 years our company has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
- We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site , we value integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
- The purpose of the role is to coordinate the Emergency Response Management Programs for our company in order to ensure readiness to prevent, mitigate, respond and recover from credible emergency scenarios.
- In addition the role will provide strategic direction for the ongoing transformation and development of the site’s emergency response facilities, business processes and systems, to ensure Kinsale operates to the highest industry emergency response standards possible.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Emergency Management plan.
- Key elements include:How all applicable internal and external requirements are addressed
- Defined plausible emergency events and how they will be managed
- Defined interfaces to other applicable internal and external resources, programs and organizations
- Implement and maintain response capabilities according to the written plan, ensuring technologies and facilities are current and capable of supporting a large manufacturing site. Key elements include:Ensure the definition of and implementation of an emergency response organization fit for the site’s purpose (Management control group( MCG ) and Emergency response team( ERT))Ensure organization emergency readiness is maintained through design and delivery of appropriate training and drills ( MCG, ERT, Site personnel and external emergency services)Written procedures, protocols, maps and job aides
- Established partnerships and coordination with internal and external stakeholder and partner groups. Viable alternative means to communicate
- Appropriate tools, equipment, and facilities
- Evaluate readiness for defined credible scenarios.
- Key elements include:Create and conduct preparedness testing and drills
- Prepare readiness metrics
- Maintain a means to evaluate drills
- Continuously improve the state of emergency readiness.
- Key elements include:Defining, documenting and completing actions which address gaps and improvement opportunities stemming from evaluations
- Periodically refresh the understanding of requirements and plausible events and adjust the program accordingly
- Coordinate and influence internal and external personnel and groups to ensure readiness.
Education and Experience
- Education: minimum educational requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety or an Engineering Discipline
- Experience: minimum specific experience required
- Two to five years’ experience owning and improving an
- Emergency Response program impacting a large number of people
- Experience coordinating and completing a large project.
- Experience effectively working with all types and levels of people.
- Experience with change management.Experience managing regulatory requirements.
- Must possess above average computer skills.Must possess excellent communications skills including reading, writing and presentations.
Desirable additional considerations:
- Experience in organizational design.
- Certifications and education related to emergency response and planning.
- Fire and Rescue experience
- Six sigma green belt or black belt experience or equivalent
- Crisis management and communications expertise