This job is currently Archived,
EMEA Strategic Pricing Manager (CNS) - Belgium, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Switzerland, Spain, Italy
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 19 June 2017
- At our company EMEA we are strengthening our Strategic Pricing capabilities to maximize the potential of our growing portfolio of innovative medicines in an increasingly complex, competitive and evolving external environment.
- As a result we are seeking to appoint a dynamic, collaborative and innovative individual with expertise in the field of Pharmaceutical Pricing.
- Reporting to the Therapy Area Health Economics, Market Access and Reimbursement (HEMAR) Director within the EMEA HEMAR team, this role will be responsible for working closely with Global Pricing and EMEA Operating Companies in managing strategic pricing within one of our company's key therapy areas.
- The exact therapy area(s) will be determined depending on the relevant experiences of and strategic fit of the successful candidate.
- Our company has a strong presence in a number of therapy areas, including Oncology, Immunology & CVM, Neuroscience and Infectious Diseases.
- Within our company EMEA, Strategic Pricing sits within the HEMAR TA team where you will lead the pricing strategy and implementation at an EMEA level for a portfolio of key products within the selected therapy area. In addition, there is an EMEA Pricing Hub who lead on cross-brand, cross portfolio initiatives and ensure strong data and analytics capabilities. The Hub will be key business partners for the Strategic Pricing Manager.
- The broader HEMAR team is accountable for ensuring optimal and timely access for our products, working closely with Global Market Access and Pricing and for supporting EMEA operating companies with national level pricing, access and reimbursement processes.
- The EMEA HEMAR team, which you will join, is comprised of five therapy area dedicated market access teams, as well as expert teams working across Statistics and Pharmacoepidemiology, Real World Evidence and Health Care Policy
- With the importance of pricing to our business, this role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to have a very significant, direct and high impact on the region.
- A key objective of the role will be to identify and analyze therapy area pricing issues that are, or will become business critical and to work with the HEMAR team, EMEA Commercial Colleagues and Global to develop clear plans that will optimize revenues across the region and enhance our competitive advantage.
Scope of Role
Key elements of the role are to:
- Define and articulate a strategic pricing strategy within a defined portfolio of products for the EMEA region
- Identify key pricing and tendering trends within the therapy area, assessing risks and opportunities and implement decisive, strategic projects that map pricing scenarios, identify potential consequences and provide clear action plans according to different outcomes, fully aligned with IBVT (integrated brand value team) plans
- Commission, manage or collaborate on timely EMEA payer and pricing research to give us business insights, payer perspectives and competitive intelligence at the right time to inform key business decisions, fully collaborating with Global Pricing teams
- Develop regular reports for regional management in your TA, and proactively support countries on pricing issues
- Build strong relationships with Therapy Area and Pricing leads in EMEA operating companies, providing insights and expertise into the broader pricing environment and articulating and ensuring alignment/adherence to brand pricing strategies
- Partner and collaborate strongly with Global Pricing, bringing a regional voice in shaping global pricing policies from early pipeline through to lifecycle management.
- Act as a key member of the Pricing Reimbursement Implementation Teams (PRIT), responsible for reviewing and approving EMEA country pricing proposals for new and existing products, in line with global price policies
- Develop analyses to demonstrate the pricing impact of country proposals, pricing environment changes and payer policies and make recommendations on company strategies, taking into account IRP, launch sequencing and innovative contracting
- Play an active role in key business planning processes, bringing an expert perspective on price potential, and expected price erosion over time across countries
- Make recommendations on how to secure the value and price of our key products through innovation in pricing
- Create long term pricing strategies, taking into account new indications, launch sequencing and competitor set
Required Business & Leadership Experiences
- Advanced degree in Science, Business or related field
- Consolidated expertise in Pharmaceutical Pricing and Market Access with good knowledge of systems in the EMEA region
- Track record of involvement in developing and implementing successful pricing strategies
- A strong communicator and adept team player able to build good relationships with key stakeholders across diverse cultures
- A strategic thinker, able to see the big picture, but with an innate ability to be able to dive into analytical detail where needed
- Building collaborative relationships with market access colleagues, country HEMAR teams and global pricing
- Building connection, buy in and engagement with senior leaders in commercial and market access functions
- Shape the pricing environment for the therapy area of responsibility, keeping on top of key trends in the external environment and working with Government Affairs as required
- Create an EMEA pricing strategy and process that provides clear value to the organization
- Delivering results by building robust, state of the art pricing strategies that deliver leadership in the pricing arena and clear business impact for the portfolio