This job is currently Archived,
EMEA Senior Director Market Access (Oncology) - United Kingdom
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- As part of our current growth plans we are refocusing the structure of our EMEA Market Access group.
- As a result we have an opportunity for a strong Senior Director to drive the Market Access strategy for our Oncology pipeline.
- This is a great opportunity to shape a new role and for an experienced individual to exert influence at both a regional and global level.
Purpose of the Position:
To lead the EMEA Market Access strategy and implementation for key Oncology products, ensuring Market Access is embedded into the Clinical Development strategy for pipeline products across the regions.
- Ensure the function adheres to and drives the culture of ethics and compliance (E&C) across the regions, leading by example and appropriately challenging non adherence to E&C standards in respect of Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
- Lead Market Access for key Oncology Medicines alongside working with Affiliates on payer insights, identifying the core needs of national, regional and local payer customers
- Develop strategies for Market Access with the Oncology business unit, leading multi-disciplinary teams inclusive of Medical, HEOR and the Affiliates
- Lead the development and implementation of pan European Market Access plans and Pricing Strategies, ensuring maximum patient uptake and capture maximum value for our company’s key oncology development assets and key marketed brands
- Provide expertise within the Oncology business unit for the conduct of appropriate pricing and payer research to support brand planning and forecasting
- Lead and coordinate HQ functions supporting Market Access to ensure the delivery of necessary tools for Affiliates to successfully execute locally
- Ensure Market Access stakeholders are mapped and a strategy is in place to communicate the asset value story to external stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment of Market Access and commercial strategy/brand plans for each asset
- Provide coaching and expertise in the field of Pricing, Reimbursement and Market Access within the oncology arena
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative pricing and reimbursement strategies using value based methodologies, which capture optimal product value and which support commercial strategy and product positioning for new product launches and launches of line extensions
- Develop framework approaches with affiliates to allow creative pricing and contract strategies to drive revenue where appropriate
Requirements for the role:
- Degree level education preferred
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of European Pricing and Market Access issues
- A strong knowledge of the Oncology area
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the legal trade framework at an EU and country level
- Experience of working on products across the development cycle (early & late phase)
- Knowledge of trial design and clinical evidence, country payer environments, pricing regulatory regimes and marketing ways
- High level of commercial acumen and business integrity with strong strategic and analytical thinking
- Able to work in a matrix environment and build credible relationships through effective communication.
- Able to articulate and present complex issues clearly
- Able to evidence experience and understanding of developing and delivering Market Access strategy with a strong understanding of the changing commercial landscape