This job is currently Archived,
EMEA Pricing Hub Manager - Belgium, France, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Spain, Italy
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 19 June 2017
- Our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- Our company is recruiting for a Director, Research & Development Operations Innovation.
- Our company is dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
- Reporting to the EMEA Pricing Director, this role is a core member of the company EMEA Pricing Hub with accountability for ensuring that our company develops and sustains best in class cross-brand pricing infrastructure, capabilities and processes to support the EMEA Therapy Area Teams.
- Key objectives of the team will be to have regional accountability for Pricing infrastructure, reporting and metrics, working closely with Global Pricing.
- This team will be closely involved and lead on cross-brand strategic projects such as innovative pricing models, parallel trade and will build a strong network of Pricing Experts from across EMEA, sharing best practices and building our capabilities.
- The external pricing landscape in the EMEA region is highly complex, political, dynamic and rapidly evolving.
- In this environment, with countries increasingly looking to collaborate on medicines procurement and with a proliferation of tendering mechanisms being established by countries to drive down prices, the Pricing Hub team will work closely with GA on shaping the evolution of pricing and tendering at a EMEA level.
Scope of Role
Key elements of the role are to:
- Provide analytical and technical pricing expertise to support priority projects with strong analytics across the company TAs
- Work in close collaboration with Global Pricing to build industry leading processes, tools and infrastructure to support our company's future business success
- Develop and enhance company's capabilities and strategies in tendering
- Take responsibility for pricing approvals of our company’s mature portfolio
- Identify opportunities and lead strategic projects that will enhance innovation in pricing models and enhance our competitiveness, partnering closely with SPMs, Global and HEMAR TA Directors
- Produce analytics and reports for regional management and proactively support countries on cross-brand pricing issues
- Ensure compliance with company pricing approval processes and legal requirements and SOPs, such as the late lifecycle pricing policy, competition law and EU tendering law
- Work with countries to support Global Pricing to ensure the MyPrice system is fully accurate and updated in line with company requirements
- Contribute to the creation of an active network and community of pricing experts across the region to formalize sharing best practice, intelligence and build capabilities in pricing negotiation
- Participate in the creation and implementation of pricing training through the HEMAR academy
- Responsibility for cross portfolio pricing initiatives such as serialization, parallel trade and managed entry agreement strategies
- Support to Government Affairs and Policy colleagues on providing expert input into external and internal pricing policy initiatives
- Work with health policy on narratives to support company’s external positioning on pricing policy topics
Required Business & Leadership Experiences
- Advanced degree in Science, Business or related field
- Consolidated expertise in Pharmaceutical Pricing and Market Access with good knowledge of systems in the EMEA region
- Track record of involvement in developing and implementing successful pricing strategies
- A strong communicator and adept team player able to build good relationships with key stakeholders across diverse cultures
- A strategic thinker, able to see the big picture, but with an innate ability to be able to dive into analytical detail where needed
- Building collaborative relationships with market access colleagues, country HEMAR teams and global pricing
- Building connection, buy in and engagement with senior leaders in commercial and market access functions
- Shape the pricing environment for the therapy area of responsibility, keeping on top of key trends in the external environment and working with Government Affairs as required
- Create an EMEA pricing strategy and process that provides clear value to the organization
- Delivering results by building robust, state of the art pricing strategies that deliver leadership in the pricing arena and clear business impact for the portfolio
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.