This job is currently Archived,
EMEA Pricing Director Beerse Belgium, France, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy,
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 18 May 2017
Caring for the world, one person at a time ... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
EMEA Strategic Pricing Director (D1)
Reporting to the Vice President of Health Economics, Market Access and Reimbursement (HEMAR) for EMEA, this role is responsible for leading the EMEA Pricing Hub Team that is responsible for ensuring that Janssen EMEA has a best in class cross-brand pricing infrastructure, capabilities and processes to support the EMEA Therapy Area Teams. Key objectives of the team led by the EMEA Pricing Director will be to have regional accountability for Pricing infrastructure, reporting and metrics, working closely with Global Pricing. This team will be closely involved and lead on cross-brand strategic projects such as innovative pricing models, parallel trade and will build a strong network of Pricing Experts from across EMEA, sharing best practices and building our capabilities.
The external pricing landscape in the EMEA region is highly complex, political, dynamic and rapidly evolving. In this environment, with countries increasingly looking to collaborate on medicines procurement and with a proliferation of tendering mechanisms being established by countries to drive down prices, the Pricing Director and his/her team will work closely with GA on shaping the evolution of pricing and tendering at a EMEA level.
Another important aspect of the role is to ensure collaboration and best practice sharing across the Therapy Area Strategic Pricing Managers (SPMs) who report into the HEMAR TA Directors, acting as a functional expert, facilitator and mentor in the matrix
Scope of Role
Key elements of the role are to:
- Lead the Pricing Hub team, working in close collaboration with Global Pricing to build industry leading processes, tools and infrastructure to support Janssen s future business success
- Support the development of capabilities in Pricing, for the Hub team, TA SPMs and Country Pricing managers
- Design, develop and implement pricing training through the HEMAR academy and seek opportunities to educate business leaders outside of the function
- Identify key pricing and tendering risks and opportunities in the external environment and design strategies and Janssen positions on how to navigate effectively a shifting and volatile landscape.
- Identify opportunities for innovation in pricing models and strategy to maintain and enhance our competitiveness in key therapy areas, partnering closely with SPMs and HEMAR TA Directors
- Develop regular reports for regional management and proactively support countries on cross-brand pricing issues
- Increase engagement with and education of emerging markets in pricing and tendering
- Drive country awareness and understanding of company pricing approval processes and ensure full compliance with legal requirements and SOPs, such as the late lifecycle pricing policy, competition law and EU tendering law
- Take leadership accountability for working with all countries to ensure the MyPrice system is fully operational, accurate and updated in line with company requirements
- Forge a strong collaboration with Global Pricing, ensuring a strong regional and country voice in shaping global pricing policies from early pipeline through to lifecycle management.
- Provide leadership support to the Pricing Reimbursment Implementation Teams (PRIT) ensuring an efficient PRIT operating model
- Represent EMEA at PRIT-2 level the escalation level for country pricing decisions that are not approvable within policy and determine whether to approve the request of escalate to EMEA and global VPs
- Work with countries to ensure full cooperation with PRIT, supporting them to create better business cases that are required to support price approvals
- Build a network and community of pricing experts across the region to formalize sharing best practice, intelligence and build capabilities in pricing negotiation
Required Business & Leadership Experiences
- Advanced degree in Science, Business or related field
- Strong expertise in Pharmaceutical Pricing and Market Access with a solid understanding of the EMEA region
- An influential leader who is adept at working across diverse cultures
- People leadership experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills, with a high degree of credibility in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly adept strategic thinker, able to think big picture, but with an innate ability to be able to dive into detail where needed
- Building collaborative relationships with HEMAR TA leads
- Establish effective working relationships with operating companies, especially Country HEMAR directors and pricing leads
- Strong relationships with global pricing
- Shape the external environment with respect to key topics such as pricing transparency, joint procurement, building Janssen s reputation as a key partner in access to medicines, in collaboration with GA
- Create an EMEA pricing structure and process that provides clear value to the organization
- Develop capabilities in Pricing within EMEA team and across the region
- Delivering results by building robust, state of the art pricing capability and business outputs that support Janssen s business objectives
What s in it for you &?
Caring for the world, one person at a time &
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Health Economics R&D
Beerse, Belgium France United Kingdom Germany Italy
Find a Job Find Candidates