EMEA Legal Counsel - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Pharmaceutical industry is a fast paced, changing and highly regulated environment where innovation is the driver to address current unmet needs of the patient.Our in-house legal team for EMEA provides expert advice and support to the business ensuring that company activities are aligned to strategic objectives, appropriately managed taking into consideration all legal and regulatory risks and executed in compliant manner.
- This is an important new role at the center of company business in EMEA specifically designed to counsel marketing and medical management as our company grows and develops as a global organisation.
- As a result of our growth, we currently have a new opportunity for a qualified lawyer to work within the EMEA legal team, initially supporting our Marketing teams and our Medical and Development (M&D) function.
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge, particularly within the EU will be a key requirement for this role.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated lawyer to develop their skills assuming responsibility for balancing commercial opportunities with associated legal, regulatory and compliance risks in a complex and fast evolving regulatory environment.
- As a business partner, provide legal advice and support to the Medical & Marketing/Brand functions for defined therapeutic areas assisting with the approval of Brand Plans and strategic planning tools in the Medical and Marketing functions.
- Provide support and advice throughout the life cycle of products from early development to launch and through post launch commitments and lifecycle management Manage the resolution of marketing and promotional disputes
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of third party and Clinical Trial Agreements alongside Scientific Exchange and Clinical trial data release and also provide assistance with publication planning
- Partner with medical teams on approval of Core medical plans and advise on Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) activities
- Provide expertise on legal compliance issues relevant to Marketing & Medical functions e.g. grants and donations patient support programmes etc.
- Attend congresses to monitor competitor activity and support internal/external investigations
- Support both regional and global projects involving complex issues requiring a high degree of legal skill and business acumen
- Qualified lawyer (from a corporate or legal firm), able to evidence good knowledge and experience of the legal environment in respect of the marketing and distribution of pharmaceuticals, medical activities associated with marketed products and product life cycle management
- Knowledge and understanding of key business, legal and compliance issues within pharma and life science industry
- Experience in advising on clinical development issues, plus drafting and negotiating of clinical trial, non-interventional study and ISR agreements
- Hands-on experience of working in multi-functional, cross-cultural teams
- Experience of leading legal support in global project teams
- Experience of Pharmacovigilance legal issues or working with Drug Safety management
- Able to influence at all levels within the organisation and build trust and credibility with the EMEA Leadership team