This job is currently Archived,
EMEA Associate Medical Director (Oncology)
Endon United Kingdom,
Posted on : 10 July 2017
We currently have an opportunity for an Associate Medical Affairs Director (EMEA) within our growing Oncology Therapy area. This is a new position which will have responsibility for ensuring the execution of the medical strategy, tactics are in place for related Oncology products. The incumbent will work closely with key stakeholders and EMEA colleagues to achieve business objectives for the related Astellas portfolio
Technical Experience and Clinical Oncology knowledge
- Lead or facilitate EMEA regional input into Core Medical Plan (CMP) (including HEOR and Phase 3b/4 studies) for product/indication.
- Coordinate medical input into the CMP from the EMEA affiliates and create/deliver necessary product training (internally and externally).
- Provide support for agreeing a common approach to the assessment of ISR proposals.
- Understand product label and gaps to put into context with competition.
- Provide support in coordinating medical activities at medical and scientific conferences.
- Able to deliver benefit and risk assessments.
- Create and assess clinical study protocol outlines, able to present and defend in review process.
- Respond to identified data gaps and contribute to Life Cycle Management planning.
- Contribute to development and execution of a data dissemination plan, including, writing abstracts, contributing to manuscripts and/or other publications.
Business Acumen and Strategic Thinking
- Provide Oncology expertise and external medical and business knowledge to the development and review of the CMP.
- Act as the Core Medical Team (CMT) regional representative, jointly responsible for EMEA budget and timelines for CMT related activities.
- Partner with Astellas Global Development for Life Cycle Management etc.
Legal/Ethics & Compliance Responsibilities
- Embark on training towards achieving Final Medical Signatory accreditation
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and Trusted Advisor to equip/ enable personnel in adherence to the Astellas’ Code of Ethics ' policies, procedures, SOPs and regulations, including the ABPI and EFPIA) Codes of Practice, particularly in dealings with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs)
- Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied
- Ensure Clinical & Medical Operations Function lead by example and challenge non-compliance.
- Contribute to effective engagement of cross-regional/functional collaboration; aligning key Medical Affairs projects globally
- Demonstrateg and drive Astellas cultural values to achieving efficiencies and One Astellas
- Medically qualified, capable of registration with the General Medical Council (GMC).
- Demonstrable proven experience in Oncology in a Pharma environment.
- Expertise in medical sciences, clinical development and medical program design
- Leadership capability in aligning medical strategies with corporate goals, providing critical business shaping insights.
- A good understanding of the dynamics of a large corporate environment; comfortable with matrix reporting lines.
- Excellent communication skills, fully fluent in written and verbal business English.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Demonstrable proven experience in clinical experience.
- Postgraduate qualification in OncologyTherapy Area.
Hillswood, United Kingdom
Find a Job